Chapter TWELVE

Alexandrea's P.O.V

There was an awkward silence after he asked. Every one was looking at me and waiting for an answer. I couldn't speak. I don't know why I couldn't tell Eli, I mean it was just a kiss on the cheek.

"I just uh...did a little trick" I cleared my throat.

"Oh okay" Eli said though he didn't look like he believed me.

"Yeah and I have to leave, it's getting late" I said as I glanced at the expensive clock hanging at one corner of the large room.

"Yeah, let me get my keys" Eli said as he jogged up the stairs again. I glanced at Zoey and Nicholas and noticed they were whispering to each other. Eddy had disappeared into the kitchen. I stood there awkwardly shifting from one feet to another. The maid that collected my bag brought it for me and I thanked her while she smiled warmly at me.

The thought of going home to meet my mom made me groan. I had to be because I couldn't avoid her forever. She was my mom after all. I sighed and sat down still waiting for Eli. I was thinking about what my mom said this morning.

Was I too rude? I shouldn't have spoken back to her.

Oh God! What will I say to her when we get home?

Are we going to just pretend it never happened?

I hope she doesn't ask about my nightmares because I'm not ready to talk about them.

"Hey!" I jumped a little at the deep voice that called me.

"Are you okay?" Eli said softly and I nodded. I looked around wondering where everyone was.

"Where's everyone else?" I asked.

"They left" He said and nodded. I stood up and we walked towards the door together.

He opened the door and we both headed to his car. The car ride was silent mostly because I was guilty of lying to him and because of what awaited me at home. He parked when we got to my place and we both sat in the car, none of us saying anything.

"Uh...thanks for today, I really enjoyed myself" I broke the silence smiling a little.

"I'm glad you did and my regards to your parents" He nodded running his hands through his hair. I went stiff at the word. Parents.

"Okay and yours too" I said but I still sat in the car. I just didn't want to face my mom.

"I'm not sending you away or anything but aren't you gonna head inside?" He asked arching an eyebrow at me.

"Oh yeah" I said about to open the door before he stopped me. He jogged around the car and opened the door for me. No one has ever done this for me and this thought made me blush.

"Thanks and goodnight" I said again. He leaned close to me and kissed me on the cheek.

"Good night" he whispered in my ear and I jerked back hitting his jaw. Nicholas popped up in my mind as I stared at his jaw.

"Um.. I'm so sorry" I pleaded and he smiled showing the dimples on both side of his cheeks.

I wanted to poke them real bad. God! I love dimples!!

I watched as he drove off and I walked really slowly towards the door o my house. I put the key in and unlocked it entering the house. It was silent. Maybe my mom wasn't home yet.

Unfortunately for me, she was. What I saw made me drop my bag which landed on the floor startling her. I stared at her, no! Not out of surprise but out of pure disappointment. Exactly what I complained of in the morning. That was what she was doing.