14

A soft white glow. That was all she could see.

She was floating. A splashing sound was heard in the distance. Y/n turns around to see where the noise originated. she almost cried seeing what she saw.

"Nihil." Y/n whispered walking closer to the old man.

"Y/n. It has been quite a while hasn't it." Nihil said giving y/n a small smile.

"It's been five centuries."Y/n sassed crossing her arms at the statement.

"And you haven't changed a bit." He replied still smiling.

"Why are you here? why now of all times?" Y/n asked wondering why she was in this place.

"You see y/n. There's is something powerful lurking in this place. It could be dangerous. you must leave." Nihil warned as his black eyes started to glow white.

"Wait why?" y/n questioned at the sudden warning. She backed up a bit at the sudden magic.

"The answer lies in the person you once called a friend." Nihil said making direct eye contact with her "he has issues he needs to fix. It is not safe for you here."

"Nils." Y/n spoke before Nihil started to dissipate.

"You need to leave." those same words echoed in her mind as the pale whiteness turned into a menacing black.

Y/n felt like she was drowning. she tried to reach out for the last bit of whiteness before it faded to black. She had failed.

"Y/n... where were you?" a frail voice called out.

"where were you?" it continued.

"Why did you just watch?" a figure appeared from the shadows. Y/n's eyes watered seeing her old friend.

"did I not matter to you?" he asked. His lavender eyes piercing through her soul. "Where you when I needed you the most?" black goo had started to come out of his eyesy/n had a look of horror as she saw what was going on.

"no. no, not again," she screamed out loud.

The image of Nightmare calling out to her helplessly was burned into her mind.

"where were you." he continued as the negativity manifested.

"i-" Y/n tried to explain becoming hysterical.

"where were you?" he said consumed in darkness as 4 lone tentacles arose from all the negativity.

"I'm sorry. I-" Y/n continued.

Y/n got on her knees. Her hands covered her face as she sobbed loudly. "It was in danger. I couldn't. I had to. I needed to. I could have."