Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter twenty-two

It was past eight thirty and all the staff had more or less left for their home. Few workers were still there as Zevah packed her things and moved out of the building. It wasn't too late but she was tired already. She didn't want to walk even a step but she had to.

She waited for five minutes to hire a cab but was frustrated when every time the driver rejected to take her to the place or the cab was occupied. Can she get some peace?

A honk of a car made her jump on her place and she looked sideways only to find Aditya's car there. She stared at the car for a few seconds before looking away for a cab.

A minute later he honked again which irritated her but she controlled herself to go and lash out at him. But how could he leave her alone? When she continued looking for a cab, he honked yet again and this time she gritted her teeth in annoyance.

She marched towards his car and knocked on his window. Aditya rolled it down and looked at her while she glared at him.

"What is your problem?" She asked agitated while Aditya only blinked innocently.

"What did I do?" He tried to act oblivious but she only glared harder which caused him to sigh.

"Okay fine. Come sit in the car, I'll drop you." He stated as she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"No thank you sir. I'll manage." She replied emphasizing on 'sir' and turned around to leave. Aditya knew she was hard-headed and won't agree so easily but was he going to give up? Never.

He got out of his car and closed the door to let her know what he was upto yet she paid no attention to his doings. Only when he walked upto her and stood beside her, she took a deep breath and turned to him.

"Why are you following me?" She suddenly sounded tired but he wasn't the one acting stubborn among them.

"I offered to drop you and you denied, so I'll make sure you get home safely this way or that way." He declared without any hesitation and she felt dejected.

Without another word she walked upto his car and settled inside. Aditya smiled to himself and followed her behind, settling in the driver's seat.

When after two minutes he didn't start the car, Zevah looked at him with a frown. He indicated something with his eyes but she didn't understand. Sighing he leaned forward causing her eyes to widen.

"Wh─what are you doing?" She stuttered leaning back and he ignored it and secured her with the seat belt. Embarrassed she bit her lip and looked out of the window while Aditya smiled and ignited the car.

"I'm sorry." Aditya confessed looking straight ahead whereas Zevah turned her attention towards him. This might be the first time she was observing him from this close.

He had a sharp jawline, thick eyebrows, long nose, pink lips─

"Zevah?" Her eyes jerked up and found his on hers. He had chocolate brown eyes and she watched as his lips stretched, dimples formed on both the sides.

"Zevah!" He called out loudly this time and she came out of her staring session. Aditya very well knew she was keenly observing his face and it had made him smile.