37. Speed.

Chapter 37: Speed.

I kissed Ashton McCain.

I guess you can say it was a heat of the moment thing but why did I feel something when we kissed?

Did I kiss him out of love?

Nope.

Passion perhaps?

I have no idea.

I walk to the room in my own company and when I walk in all eyes are on me.

"Valarie dear, when last did you sleep? You look tired." Mrs. McCain tells me.

It's probably because I've been crying my eyes out all day.

"I am." I tell her.

"You should go home then." My father insists.

"No, I just got here." I tell him.

Ashton walks inside the room and I scratch the back of my neck.

"You good?" Alicia asks, leaning close to me.

"Yup." I quip.

"What did he want to talk about?" She asks me.

"Normal stuff." I say, shifting weight from my left leg to my right.

"Like?" She asks.

Can she just back off?

"How I'm doing and stuff." I say, shrugging.

"Hmm." Alicia hums beside me.

I roll my eyes at her.

I look around the room and I see Ashton staring straight at me, giving me the most intense stare ever.

I gulp and I turn away.

"What is this boy doing?" I ask myself.

***

"I got us tickets to see Keith Yarander." Alicia tells me and I stare at her in disbelief.

"No way. That show is sold out." I say folding my arms.

"That's why your best friend hooked you up." Alicia says, showing me the two tickets in her hand.

"You did not?" I squeal.

"Yes I did." She says with a coy smile.

"What did you do for these tickets?" I ask her.

"Nothing." She says, looking away.

"Who did you screw?" I ask her, folding my arms.

"No one. Technically." She says and I stare at her.

"Okay fine. I met this guy at the gas station two weeks ago and he said that he would give me these tickets if I gave him a handy. I knew I was going to be in Langston by the time Keith was going to be here. So, I thought why not." Alicia says, shrugging.

"You gave a random guy a handy for these?" I ask her, disgusted by the fact that she did a dirty deed for the tickets.

"Yeah. And we're going there tonight, so thank me later." She says putting the tickets back in her purse.

"You're incorrigible." I tell her, chuckling.

This isn't the first time Alicia has done something questionable for some concert tickets. When I lived in Ravenswood, Alicia wanted to go see Drake so bad that she slept with the principal's son. He was a senior who definitely made his way around the school's roster and had slept with almost every girl in school. He ended up giving her crabs, so she got sick and couldn't go.