63.|His reasons|

Aria's pov:

When i woke up, i was not on the couch anymore but on the bed.

I glanced beside me to meet with an empty bed.

I heard giggles from outside.

I removed the duvet from me, streched and yawned.

I went in out and saw Allesandra sitting on Allesandro's lap and he was blowing on her stomach.

She was laughing uncontrollably.

I smiled and joined them on the couch.

"Mommy dada back." She squealed.

I nodded and kissed her hands.

"Dadaa, mommy was crying." She told him.

"She won't cry anymore now." He told her.

"Prowmise?"

He looked at me and said in a serious tone, "I promise."

Allesandro ordered dinner and after dinner. I gave Allesandra her bath before taking a shower myself.

She was already asleep when i got out.

Going in the living room i sat on the couch.

I let out a long sigh.

Allesandro came to sit beside me.

I looked at him and his eyes were filled with unsheded tears.

"I am sorry, Aria. I am sorry, i am a bad son, i am a bad husband, and the worse father to my child ever." He said and hugged me tightly.

I tried wriggling ouy of his hold but he tightened it more.

"Leave me. Please leave me!" I cried.

"Please let me?" He asked.

"I am sorry for being a coward, I am sorry for being so weak. This is not the sandro that you know and love. Forgive me Aria, please. I can't live without you, please i am sorry." He sobbed on my shoulders.

"What happened to our world sandro?" I asked.

He pulled back and hunged his head lowly.

"Forgive me Aria, please. I thought i was protecting you. Everything was too much, i did not kbow what to do. I understand if you don't want to, i fucked up. I should not given up on my family. But remember Aria you mean everything to me, everything."

"What happened Allesandro?"

He narrated me everything that happened.

He was threatened by his business rivals. They are none other than his ex-girlfried's family. At first he ignored them bit then later when he recieved a footage of me and Allesandra he got worried. To be honest, it creeped me out how someone was having an eye on me all this time. Somehow, they got possesion of an important file of his clients from italy, and with this file they could convince his clients that he sold the deal to them, illegally and this will bring him and his company down.

"Why are you telling me this now and not then, what happened now? Our lives does not matter anymore?" I asked sarcastically.

"I kept thinking for the past two months Aria. And belive it or not, it's your and Allesandra's life who matters the most for me, more than my own. And yeah i know what i did was pure cowardice but i was scared. I did not know what to do. They were after your life, i was threatened Aria, your life is at stake."

"So what are you going to do?" I asked.

"I am signing the company over to them." He replied with a shrug.

"What are you for real right now?" I scolded

"There is no other way, what would happen. Yes, yes I'll lose the company, i'll get sued, i won't have a roof over my head, no money. But atleast, i won't have to see hatred in your eyes for me."

"Allesan-"

He placed his finger on my lips to stop me from continuing. He placed his forehead against mine.

"Aria, go back to london with Allesandra. Start a new life. I just want one thing from you. Don't cut me off from my daughter's life. I just want her to know who her father is. I won't interfere in your life. I promise. Find someone who will keep you happy and away from troubles unlike me. I just want to see you happy."

I felt a warm liquid on my cheeks and pulled back to see tears flowing freely from his eyes.

What he did to us was wrong totally wrong, he should not have done it.

He should have not acted that way, ignoring us would not solve any problem.

But again, he kept everything within him, he shared that to nobody. Seeing us in danger made him scared. I know he loves us more than anything else but...

"Allesandro, this company is dad's and nonno's dream. You can't give it away like this. They have put their heart and soul into building up this company."

"I know Aria. I know. What can i do? I've tried my best to get the file from them. I've talked to my clients as well. They don't belive me, the documents have my signature in it. The proof against me. They've told me if i don't get the file in the next month. They will take actions."

"Why don't they belive you?" I asked.

"This is how it is in the buisness world. Nobody cares unless it brings them profit.''

"I'll just be back." He said and left the apartment.

Five minutes later he came back with two envelopes in his hand.

He hand me the smaller one and i looked at the contents.

It had me and Allesandra's passports and visa.

"What are these for?" I asked.

"To go back, to your family." He gave me the larger envelope and went in the kitchen.

I opened and the documents and it was divorce papers.

"All-" I looked at him and he was weeping while looking through the window.

"Allesandro." I sobbed and threw the documents on the floor.

I went in the kitchen and placed my head on his back.

"I am sorry Aria. I could not give you the happiness you deserve. Go back. Go, please go." His voice cracked at the end.

"Do you love me Allesandro?"

He turned around and faced me.

"I do! I do! I love you Aria. But i am not the man you fell in love with. I am not the one who deserves your love. I am weak and miserable, not like the one you fell in love with."

This man right here in front of me had done everything he could to make me happy. He had never let me down except for this one time. He loves me and our daughter more than anyone else.

But he fucked up.

Can i forgive him?