Chapter 54

I stop when I see Klaus’ green necklace sitting on top of Stefan’s bed. I haven’t been wearing it lately…I don’t why. It’s beautiful and I love it, it’s just from Klaus. I was worried what my friends would think if I wore it. But then again, they’re not my friends anymore.

I grab the necklace off the bed, slipping it on. It’s a beautiful necklace that deserves to be worn. If people ask, I will proudly say it’s a grift from Klaus. It will piss them off so much, it’ll be great. Especially Damon, that is, if he still even cares about me anymore. He might not.

“Really Aria?” I hear Damon groan from downstairs. I frown, having no idea what is talking about. I haven’t done anything down there. I’ve been upstairs all night being miserable in Stefan’s room. 

I speed downstairs, my eyes going wide at the sight in the Living room. Damon is chained to a chair, with a poker through his chest. Exactly like he did to Mason Lockwood…

“Low blow, Ari, low blow.” Damon says, looking like he’s ready to fall asleep.  Ouch, that has got to hurt, hasn’t it?

I laugh, surveying the scene. “What the hell happened to you?”

“Whatever twisted, angry girlfriend game this…stop it.” he sighs, leaning his head against the back of the chair. 

“I didn’t do this.” I state truthfully, trying to keep from laughing. 

“Quit screwing around.” Damon groans. 

“I didn’t.” I argue walking over to him. This kind of worries me, who got in the house and did this. I know it wasn’t Stefan… maybe Rebekah? I don’t think so… “I guess you could call it karma Damon, this is what you did to Mason Lockwood.” I smirk, pulling the poker out of his chest. He tries to hold in his cry of pain, making weird noises instead. Weird…

I toss the poker to the floor, ripping off the shackles that holds his arm down. I pat his shoulder, a grin on my face. “Have fun untangling yourself.”

I start to go back upstairs but Damon screaming in pain stops me. I rush back into the living room and see the curtains wide open, and Damon burning in the sun. I run over to the curtains, shutting them tightly. I grab Damon’s ring off the floor, tossing it at him. He catches it with his one free hand, ripping all the other chains off. 

“That was not me.” I say slowly, looking around the room fearfully.

“I know that now.” Damon mutters, standing up and stretching his legs.

“Do you think…” I trail off, not wanting to finish my sentence. 

“Think that it could be Mason’s ghost haunting me? Yeah, I’m pretty damn sure Aria.” Damon retorts, looking majorly annoyed.  “Come on, we got to go get Ric.”

“Woah, no. I’m not going anywhere with you Damon. I don’t like you. You vervained me, and threw me in a burning car. Plus, you’re an ass overall.” I glare. 

“Stop being like that Aria, you used to find me very charming.” Damon smirks, grabbing his jacket off the counter. 

I roll my eyes, “That was before you liked my sister.”

“I don’t like Elena in that way Aria, stop being so bitchy about it. Now come on, Mason is both of our problems. You were there too.” Damon says, already opening up the door. 

“Whatever.” I sigh, grabbing my sunglasses and hurrying after him. Before we get to his car, I push him against the wall, my hand wrapped around his throat. He gasps, looking surprised. I raise him a centimeter or so off the ground. “If you piss me off, or screw me over again. I won’t be as lenient as I was last time.”