Bonus Chapter 2: Bad Dreams and Bear-hugs

I'm almost a month late (oops) 

BUT

happy 7th birthday to bts!!! thank you for your gorgeous existence and for fueling my fanfic inspiration :)

-------

"I'm going to steal your life essence y/n", she purred. "And I will return to my boys, fully alive once more. Rest assured, they will have forgotten that you ever existed. Everyone will. 

Nobody will come looking for you, 

nobody will ever see your lifeless body, long gone cold, 

I'll make sure of that". 

"Y/n!".

Warm hands were grabbing your shoulders, supporting your frame as you shot upright, chest heaving, your pulse hammering wildly in your veins. 

You felt a thin sheen of sweat covering your skin, and you were shaking.

"Hey, you're alright, you're ok", a familiar, smooth voice filled your ears. "Just take a deep breath".

You did what the voice said, and took a slow, trembling breath that calmed your heart rate ever so slightly.

Namjoon relaxed his grip ever so slightly once he was sure you were awake properly, but didn't lift his hands.

"Another nightmare?", a different voice asked softly.

You nodded, peering through the gloom to make out Hoseok's slender frame.

"The same one?", he pressed gently, you felt your mattress dip when he crawled into your bed.

"Yeah", you bit your lip, gazing down at your sheets, refusing to look at him.

He sighed sadly, you didn't need to look at his face to know it was filled with guilt and regret, Namjoon's too.

"I'm sorry", Namjoon murmured, tracing gentle circles down your back. You shook your head.

"It's fine", you mumbled.

It wasn't really though.

Despite the fact you forgave them, there was no ignoring the fact that what you had gone through had left a significant impact on you mentally.

You knew it was a normal reaction to experiencing such trauma, but you still hated how you were scared to go anywhere on your own. And that when you slept by yourself, you were plagued with nightmares of her, the same sadistic sentences whispering venomously in your mind over, and over, and over.

You knew it would get better, it already had. You only had the dreams two or three times a week rather than waking up every night with tears pouring down your face. 

You also didn't mind walking down the street to the convenience store on the corner, as long as you crossed to the opposite side of the road whenever there was an alley.

But you weren't with your mom or the vampires you still felt paranoid, and scared, and you hated it.

The only thing that made it better was being in their company, when Jin made you food, or Hoseok forced you to play Just Dance with him until you collapsed from sheer exhaustion. Or when Namjoon dragged you into the library to show you his favorite novels. Or Jungkook made you sit on top of him when he was doing press ups, because he was that strong. Or watching cartoons with Jimin, or Yoongi trying (and failing) to teach you piano.

Even when Taehyung periodically dragged you to every store you knew existed and some you didn't, he always kept a firm, reassuring hand around your waist, letting you know he was there.

Because they knew what they had done to you, and you knew they still beat themselves up over it.

"You wanna try and go back to sleep?", Hoseok whispering gently at the cusp of your ear yanked you back to the present.

"Yeah", you nodded slowly, reaching back to feel where he was.

You were answered with long fingers lacing delicately with yours, squeezing tightly.

The three of you shuffled awkwardly for several seconds. Trying to fit all of you comfortably into your small bed was no mean feat, but you eventually managed, neatly slotted in between the two of them. Namjoon's long legs were tangled in yours, and Hoseok bear-hugged your waist gently, making a protective barrier against the outside world.

Lost in a sea of warmth, you finally drifted off into a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

-------

it's short, but they're bonus chapters so it doesn't matter as much I don't think.

BUT if you found it a little too short for your liking, and would like to read more of my (cue sarcasm) incredible work THEN

(shameless self promo, but heck it this is my book after all)

I wrote a hobi oneshot a couple weeks ago, because I was suddenly inspired and there isn't enough j-hope fanfiction out there

(there never will be enough, you can never have enough hoseok)

so if you're in the mood for some soft, fluffy, emotional Hobi stuff, check out my profile ^-^

stay safe, wash your hands, don't eat too many vegetables, you know the drill :)

peace out uwu, love y'all

(unedited)