2

The pain in Peter's back knocked the air out of him. The pressure on his chest made him unable to breathe, not to mention that his body was being suck under water. Everything went in slow motion; he saw the waves above him move ever so slowly, but he felt that it had impact on his body. He felt that the waves were pretty strong as they moved him further away from the surface, so the slow movements had to be in his head.

It took him a minute before he realized that he was dying. The lack of oxygen started to have impact on his already aching lungs. His eyes grew wider and he tried to swim, but because of the panic he was only able to move in multiple kind of ways that got himfurther away from his destination.

Just as Peter was about to give in to his cruel fate, a strong arm dragged him through the cold water. Before he even realized it, both him and the other person were back in the presence of the holy thing called oxygen. Peter coughed and pulled his mask up over his nose so he could breathe properly while letting himself float in the water with his other arm. He looked to his right and saw Captain America swim next to him. He was panting and looked at the boy in worry.

"You okay son?" He asked through heaved breaths. Peter nodded. "Yeah, are you?" The man managed to huff a little laugh. "Are you serious? You saved my life out there. If you didn't pull me away from those metal plates I probably would've been dead by now."
"Well, you returned the favour rather quickly." The boy said. "Thanks for pulling me out." The Captain smiled for a bit.

"Thanks for pulling me from the debris." Realisation seemed to take over his face as he looked around while whispering "debris" over and over. Peter looked around as well. He stopped turning when his eye fell on something in the distance. "There!" He called out, already swimming towards the big pieces of metal

Both heroes swam towards the debris and climbed on top of it, letting their muscles relax when they had time to catch their breath. "Where did the ship go?" Peter asked as he looked around for the Hydra base which was nowhere to be seen. Steve also looked around, raising his eyebrows. "I have no idea. Tony said the base was evacuating itself and was blocking out every kind of communication and technology."

"But didn't he also say that it would take another two minutes? Maybe we've got some time left to send our location." The young boy suggested. Steve almost immediately tapped his earpiece, only to find out it was broken by the water. "Shit.." he cursed softly. "Language." Peter mocked shyly, mostly telling the joke to himself to soften the pressing atmosphere around him. Steve gave a little huff and looked away while rolling his eyes so far Peter wondered if the man could actually see his brain.

"Tony told you, didn't he?" Peter held up his hands. "Hey, what's being told within the science bro's stays within the science bro's." He smiled for a bit before remembering that there wasn't much time left, so he tapped his earpiece frantically. Luckily his was still working, now they only had to hope that the connection was still there.

"Mr. Stark? Mr. Stark can you hear me?" There was a bit of a rousing noise before parts of a sentence were heard. Peter tapped once more before he could hear enough to understand it.
"Underoos, ar-.... okay? We'r-..... can't leave.... ask Karen t-.... coordinates.... stay put. We'll come.... get you, copy that?"

The boy managed to put the pieces together to understand what his mentor wanted to tell him and nodded to himself. "Copy that, are you all okay?" Despite his horrible situation, he only cared about the others right now. For all he knew one of them could be bleeding to death during that moment. "We're fine-.... rry kid. St-... alive." Peter let out a deep breath. The strong tone in his mentors voice had something comforting. It told him that everything was going to be okay, even though his gut said it definitely wouldn't.

"I will, I promise. May would kill me if I didn't." He chuckled. He wasn't sure if the man on the other side of the line heard it, but if he did, he sure was grinning at the joke. "You also stay alive please?" There was no response. Peter knew that he didn't have much time left to send his coordinates, so he had to hurry up. "Karen, you there?"

"Not for long, a lot of my protocols are being shut down."
"Okay good, can you still send my location to mr. Stark?" He crossed his fingers in the hope that there was a chance that they would get out of it alive. A small red dot in the corner of his vision blinked a few times. The numbers started to appear until the whole system suddenly shut down.

"Oh nononononono, Karen? Stay with me Karen. You there?" Peter sighed deeply and crossed his fingers in the hope that she was able to send enough information for the rest of the team to find them. "Did it work?" The Captain asked. He had taken his helmet off, so wet strings of hair were sticking to the to of his forehead. The boy pulled his mask back down.

"I hope so, it didn't succeed completely but enough to give Mr. Stark a bit of our location."
"How much is a bit?" Peter shrugged and rolled onto his back. He felt that it was going to bruise by the impact of the water, making him groan a bit. "A bit is a 100 mile radius. It might take a long time before they can find us, but first they have to get off the Hydra base. They were stuck there."

A sudden yell made both heroes look up. It was the scream of a man, shouting Steve's name over and over. The Captain's head shot up in the air, turning around with such speed Peter was worried the man might break his neck at some point. "Steve!" The voice yelled once again. It wasn't a sound that said he saw them floating on the large piece of debris, it sounded like desperation and a little piece of hope.

"Bucky!" Steve yelled back. It took Peter a few seconds before he realized that Bucky was the Winter Soldier. Tony had never told the boy about that man, to be honest, he always changed the subject when his name came up and was determined to keep Peter away from him. The boy looked around and saw Bucky swimming towards them in the distance.

The man climbed on top of the metal and examined everyone's bodies for any injuries. "Are you okay?" Steve nodded and looked at Peter, who wasn't entirely sure to tell them about his back. They'll think I'm weak and will feel bad about not protecting me, Peter thought. After a bit of doubting, he nodded. "Are you?" He asked. Bucky also nodded.

"Where is Natasha?"

Hi! :D

....

Bye! :D
~Beef Bitch