𝟐𝟗 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞

𝐒𝐌𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐑𝐈𝐓

𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝟎𝟔

              𝐴𝐷𝐸𝐿𝐴𝐼𝐷𝐸 stood in the middle of Caroline and Bonnie while Elena stood on Caroline's other side. They had all made it to Senior Year and Adelaide was not prepared to start school again. Not only did she have the supernatural to worry about now but also graduating. She needed to make sure her grades stayed high as she wanted to study a difficult subject when going to College. Psychology and forensics was what she was interested in and to be able to study both of those courses she had to graduate with high grades.

Everyone was greeting each other and although they had probably seen their friends during the summer everyone seemed to have this energy about meeting up with everyone.

"Here we are. Senior Year." Caroline smiled as the four of them looked up towards the school.

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie asked, her hands on her hips.

"Okay," Caroline gave both Elena and Bonnie a look, noticing their grumpy moods. "So prank night was a bust." She attempted to get their moral up. "But we are accepting it, and we are moving on." This was why Caroline was Adelaide's best friend. The blonde was a positive spirit and was always optimistic even in times when people didn't want to be optimistic. They began to walk to the doors together as a group.
"You're right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriend hinder this experience?" Bonnie gave in to Caroline's optimism, but Adelaide couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic or not. It still made her feel awkward due to the fact that Bonnie was dating her younger brother, but it was Bonnie who was also one of her best friends and she trusted her with Jeremy. The whole thing about Jeremy seeing ghosts of his ex-girlfriends and not telling Bonnie did piss her off though slightly. Sure Jeremy was her brother but lying to Bonnie was out of order.

"Yes!" Caroline's voice rose an octave higher, "and why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day." Adelaide smiled at the blonde vampire who was in a very bubbly mood.

"And why should I let the fact that the guy who killed my aunt and tried to kill my sister is also the guy that I have some confusing feelings towards." Adelaide added, spreading her arms out slightly in exaggeration.

"Exactly! Wait, what?" Caroline turned towards her, as her words sunk in. "You have feelings towards Klaus?" Caroline spoke with distain when she said Klaus's name.
"It's confusing." Adelaide shrugged, frowning. "Sleepover?" She raised an eyebrow knowing Caroline would know that by 'sleepover' Adelaide meant that she'll explain everything then.

"Yes! Definitely! I need to know everything." Caroline gushed, half excited that Adelaide liked someone more on the romantic side, but also cautious as she didn't like Klaus. The three began to walk happily towards the school but Elena's depressed tone made them stop and turn around to face her as she had stopped behind them.

"Today's our anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met in the first day of school last year." Elena explained, letting out a deep sigh. Adelaide sent her sister a reassuring look, trying to not look too sympathetic as she knew it would do no help.

"Yeah, you win." Caroline frowned, not as optimistic as she was before. Adelaide tilted her head in confusion and puzzlement.
"It's not a contest Care. You guys are going through some shit too. We just all need to be there for each other." Adelaide told the girls softly.