Chapter 9

A/N: Hello my lovely readers, I would just like to say, *clears throat* THANK U SOOOO MUCH!!! This has OVER 4K READS!!! I never expected this fic to have so many views, and I am so grateful to all of u. Ur support and enthusiasm are what help keep me going. And just a quick bit of information, the time difference between Gotham and Paris is gonna be 6 hours. Anyways, I present to you, Chapter 9!!! Enjoy!

3rd Person POV:

The Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie is known to be the best bakery in Paris. That being said, no one was too surprised when they announced to be opening up a second location. Except for, perhaps, their daughter Marinette. Sure, she'd been expecting it, but to her, the whole thing was a bit sudden.

They had all left the previous evening to head over to the new bakery and had been able to settle in without incident. Everything of importance had previously been shipped there and had already arrived. Everything else that was to be in their new home was in their suitcases. After being provided dinner and settling in, Marinette took to exploring her new home. 

It was the same as her old one in the sense of it being connected to the bakery. The building had three floors. The first floor was the bakery, while the second floor held the living room, kitchen, a guest bedroom, and a bathroom. The third floor consisted of three rooms and was the only floor to have a balcony, which was only accessible through one of the two bedrooms. The bedroom with the balcony was Marinette's room and was smaller than the second bedroom. Both rooms, however, had individual bathrooms connected to them. The bigger bedroom belonged to Tom and Sabine. The final room on the third floor was simply a storage room.

All the furniture was already there and set up, so the only thing the family had to do was unpack their suitcases. Marinette had already finished exploring and was up on the balcony overlooking the city. Her parents were downstairs in the bakery going over a few things, reorganizing, something else, or another. The bakery wouldn't be opening until Wednesday, but her parents still had quite a bit to do.

Marinette sighed and took one last look at the magnificent violets, golds, and pinks of the sunset. She turned away opened the sliding door connecting the balcony to her room.  Marinette flopped onto her bed before she sat up and stared at her new desk. It was in the corner on the door, across from her bed. A thought struck her as she looked at the fabrics and sketchbooks that sat atop it.

She had asked her parents earlier what they planned on doing with the storage room, and they had said that it would most likely remain empty. Having thought that she might find an alternative use for the room had asked if she could turn it into something else if she had an idea. Her parents agreed but said that she'd have to run it by them first.

She had wanted to use it as a place to practice more of her Guardian duties, but she didn't have anything else she could use as a cover for her being in there. But now, she had the idea of asking her parents if she could use it as her design room. They all knew how she got when she was in a designing spree, or when she got hit with inspiration. It would usually look like a tornado had hit her room afterward.

Marinette would, of course, still use the room for her various Guardian responsibilities as well as for designing. She turned to Tikki, who was eating a cookie while sitting on her nightstand. "Tikki, you know how I want to use the storage room as a sort of place where I could practice being the Guardian?" Tikki nodded her head, still munching on her chocolate chip cookie and unable to speak. "Well, because I didn't have a reason for using it other than that, which I can't exactly tell my parents, I wasn't able to ask them if I could use it. But I thought of also using it as my design room. That way, I have a cover for using the room and I get a design room!"