KILLERS: Story 4: Part 1

TRIGGER WARNING NOW: READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

JOKER

The man tried as hard as he could to run but it was more like a pathetic, half speed walk. He clutched his leg with one hand, and the left side of his stomach with the other, panting heavily with tears streaming down his face. He turned into an alleyway, knowing that at the end there was a door. If he reached that door, he'd be safe. Hopefully.

About four steps down the alley, he get two very sharp and painful sensations in the back of his legs, collapsing to the ground with a piercing scream. A bloodcurdling laugh followed his scream, but it wasn't from him. His crying intensified as he realized that two small knives had been embedded in the back of his legs, right in the knee pit. Tears fell down his face even harder as he ripped the knives out and tried to drag his body towards the door. It was so close, he was so close to safety. But he couldn't. He didn't have the energy. He reached a hand out in one last futile attempt to drag himself forward, and a black tennis shoe immediately stomped down on it. He screamed.

"Shhhhhh. We wouldn't want people hearing you, now would we?" The shoe came off his hand, and he slowly pulled his hand towards himself, cradling it. Defiantly smashed some bones. Not that it'd matter when he was fucking dead.

The owner of the voice that had spoken to him crouched down in front of him, shrouded in shadows, and he could make out the faint outline of the person. The one thing he saw clearly though, was a glowing green eye with a cat like, slit pupil. He whimpered in pain, both at his throbbing hand, legs, and side, and at knowing what his fate was at seeing that one green eye.

"Please...please.." he begged, tears silently still falling, his breathing coming out in short rasps. The figure laughed, a high pitched, glare shattering laugh, then leaned forward slightly on their toes.

A face met the little light surrounding him, but he could only see a face, everything else was still shadowy and surrounded in darkness. Like it was purposely guarding him from seeing the rest of them. They were very pale, with dark eye bags and black, what he assumed was makeup or face paint, surrounding their mouth in an upwards, smile like fashion. The black surrounding their mouth messily ran up their defined cheek bones and vertical, stitch like lines ran through the makeup.

Their other eye was pitch black, and you couldn't see a pupil. Their hair was messy, flooded up on one side and shaved on the other, almost like a sideways mohawk. It was black, with a bright green highlight at the ends. They smiled widely, revealing two rows of shiny white teeth. Spiked teeth.

"You know who I am, doncha?" They asked, their lips poking out around the teeth, and their voice rough and slightly low. He shivered at the noise, a fresh round of tears approaching.

"Please. I beg you!" He whispered out, he'd give anything not to die from this...from this monster.

"Anything you want. Please!" He begged again. They laughed, tipping their head back, and standing back up to full height. Then, they stepped fully into the light, and he could see the monster that would end him.

Loose capri like joggers hung off their hips, another vibrant green fading into black. Their stomach was outlined in a tattoo of their bones, accenting their unnaturally thin body and showing off their ribs, along with their prominent hip bones. A tight sports tank, more like crop top, hugged their upper torso, a green bandana and black chain necklace hanging off their neck. One hand was gloved, the other bare, and the gloves hand had what appeared to be brass knuckles, except they were slightly bulkier and black. A tattoo covered most of their left arm, cutting off just below their elbow. Random swirls and dots and lines. The only normal thing about this person was their black tennis shoes, and even those seemed scary on them.

"Now, now, now. What should we do. With. You!" They dragged out those last three words, their voice going up a notch. He cringed, shaking. They smiled suddenly, like a lightbulb had gone off in their head. Clapping their hands together, they looked down at him. He turned his gaze away, trying to fight back the scream for help building in his throat, knowing if he yelled they'd just make it more painful.

"Ah." They sighed. He glanced at them and his eyes widened as they pulled a sickeningly long dagger out of a small holster hanging off the waist of their pants. A white handle gleamed for a moment in the light, and he realized just what that dagger handle was made off. Bone. A bone knife. The tears fell from his eyes, as he cowered in fear. If he didn't have a sense of some dignity, he might have wet himself. He desperately clawed at the ground, trying to pull himself away. His nails burned with each attempt that got h absolutely nowhere.

"Please, please, please, no! I'll tell you anything! I'll tell you whatever you wanna know! Please!" He cried out, and the person just smiled, admiring the dagger.

"You see, I don't want to know anything. I do this for shits and giggles. There is one thing I wish to know, but you can't really help me with this. You're just a test run, to say the least." They flipped the dagger in their hand, catching the handle. They looked down at him, and a wide, toothy grin appeared on their face. He screamed as the bone handled dagger was plugged into his chest. Blood flew everywhere as they ripped the knife out, and his breathing started to raggedly stop. The knife then slid across his throat, leaving him gagging as it poured out his mouth. Then he stopped gagging, stopped breathing all together, and lay still. Dead. The person smiled at the blood still leaking from his body, wiping the knife off on the black part of their pant leg, then sheathing it. They pulled a small can of spray paint out of their back pocket, and got to work.

Spraying a large "JK," then circling in, they pocketed the can, wiping their hands together and laughing. They hadn't lied when they said he was a test run. He was, to say the least, a warning too. Their smile grew, and it was something straight out of a horror movie. That one green eye glowed as they stepped back into shadows that seemed to completely surround them, not letting a sliver of light in. The smile fell, and as they walked out of that alleyway as if nothing had happened, they whispered,

"Jokers back baby."

—-

A/N. What'd you think? This is going to be the first chapter when I start "Killers", so the next part, also, are basically like, sneak peaks(?) spoilers(?)
ANYWAYS hope you enjoyed it and will continue to read on.
Thanks for reading :)