1

“Line up! Today your group will be divided between those who will be sold and those who are stuck here as breeders. If you’re lucky you will get to end your wreched lives quickly as someone’s meal!”, Mr. Carter, the feline male called out to us. We were just food in their eyes, not fellow half bloods. I am nothing but another mouse being raised in the blackmarket for their pleasure. Predators are a lot stronger than us so we prey are to simply be under their command. I thought about how much I hated being born as a mouse half blood when a fellow mouse tapped me getting my attention so I would hurry and avoid being punished. I quickly fell into the lineup with shaky legs and a nervous heartbeat.

The inspector took his sweet time getting close up and eyeing every mouse before loudly announcing his decisions. I was closer to the end of the lineup and by the time he got to me I felt like My heart was ready to explode and I was going to hit the ground. He raised his hand and placed it on my shoulder and slowly moved down my body to my waist and thighs, squeezing some places as he did so. He raised his brow in amusement as he spoke to me, “You see male mice are already rarely sold for good pricing, so no way we would be able to sell a bony stick boy like you as food. You’ll be a breeder!” 

“I’ll pay whatever price you name right now if you sell me that ‘bony stick boy’ as you called him”, a proud elegant man’s voice startled us all as it came out of nowhere.

Ivans POV:

My friend Henry talked me into entering the blackmarket with him and then ran off somewhere leaving to roam this disgusting place on my own. Eating other half bloods wasn’t a must in order to survive yet the rich predators found no shame and eating poor prey as they are sold here dead or alive. I continued to roam around looking for Henry a little while longer before I would decide to head home. I walked in front of a small shop that had a group of mice lined up and I overheard a feline speaking, “You see male mice are already rarely sold for good pricing, so no way we would be able to sell a bony stick boy like you as food. You’ll be a breeder!” I looked over at the mouse he was referring to and felt myself get heated as I saw his small mouse ears twitch in fear and his eyes water.

I don’t know what came over me but I spoke without having any of my thoughts together, “I’ll pay whatever price you name right now if you sell me that ‘bony stick boy’ as you called him.” The man looked over, eyeing me up and down before scoffing, “Okay a hundred gran”, the man had a smirk on his face. “Perfect! I’ll take him”, I responded without any hesitation. I gave a small and quick smile to the mouse boy who looked on the verge of collapsing. The feline looked surprised but quickly regained his composure, “Yes sir! Enjoy him.” He grabbed the boy by his arm to hand him over and I handed over the cash I was told to bring by Henry for if I decided to buy anything. I didn’t think I would buy anything but here I am holding onto a mouse boy by his arm in a possessive manner. I felt like I just made a very unusual decision that’s going to lead to a lot of shit in the near future.