32. Who Am I?

Author's Note: I am extremely sorry for the late chapter. To make up for it, 2 chapters will be released today. 🙇‍♀️

"Ean, who am I?" Vlad asked quietly, almost whispering.

"What are you saying your highness? You are the legendary serpent king. Currently known as Vlad Asmodeus, the first prince of Hale, the kingdom of demons. You are an almighty being— a legendary being!" Eanred replied.

Vlad looked at him answering as if it was natural. As if that was who he is. "Vlad is not me. This body is not mine. Asmodeus.... this name do not belong to me. I am not the serpent king...."

Eanred stopped. "What's happened your highness?"

Vlad didn't reply and only looked at the floor. [Who am I? Am I really the serpent king? No... that's me in the past. That's not me today. Am I not my own person? Why do they call me the serpent king? I am not... I— who... Vlad Asmodeus? Wait.... that's not me, this is not my body. My name is Aron. Aron what? What's this? I can't recall. What is my name...]

"Your highness!" Eanred called out, shaking Vlad's shoulder.

Vlad looked at him, tears falling from his eyes. "What do I do Ean? What to do... what to do... I— help me..."

Eanred frowned as he frantically held Vlad, trying to shake him out of his thoughts. "Vlad... Vlad! What's wrong?"

Vlad didn't listen to him. He was in his own thoughts, trying to search for his memories. There was nothing, nothing but blankness. "There's nothing... nothing." Vlad muttered.

Suddenly, Vlad grabbed Eanred's hands and asked him forcefully, "You said that if I go to that chamber, I can regain my memories?!"

Eanred was taken aback. "Yes."

Vlad heard the confirmation and ran towards the door. Without waiting for Eanred, he opened the door and left.

"Your highness! No! Wait... your highness!" Eanred ran after his shadows, but couldn't get to him. Vlad was already inside the chamber.

"No, the chamber door cannot be opened once someone is inside... I have to look for the king. His highness wasn't himself, he was....."

After taking a look at the door once last time, Eanred turned away with a pale face.