20

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫! 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐞 (𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐢�...

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫! 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐞 (𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐝 '𝐈'𝐦 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞.') 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐚- 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟒 𝐚𝐬 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐲'𝐬 𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐰, 𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐲, 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝! 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫!

Maddie smiled while walking around the neighborhood she still knew so well. There were some things that changed like the small go mart that was at the bottom of the hill she lived on was now changed to a market with actual grocery's, and the small ice cream shop they were currently visiting now actually had a menu on the wall and a porch that wasn't half broken off. "So you used to come here a lot?" May asks as the four walk away from the shop after Zach and May ordered their sweet treats.

"Yeah," Maddie says smiling and turning slightly to meet the eyes of her younger sister. "but there was a different manager at the time, his name was Bill but me and the rest of the neighborhood kids just called him B. On Sundays he would save all of us a popsicle, I don't know if he could actually afford to do that or he paid for them out of his own pocket but none of us had the money and he always seen us running about so he would always give us something, he would say that we couldn't die of a heat stroke on his porch." Maddie laughs lightly thinking back on the memory of the kind man who covered his acts of good with a comment that made each kid laugh.

"So not everything was bad?" May asks curiously as she and Zach make it up to where they're beside the other two. Maddie rarely spoke about her home life before she met them and the few things she did mention made it seem like her life here was horrible. Sighing Maddie shakes her head. "No, no it wasn't."

"I had a lot of good moments and a lot of good friends who understood and who were going through the same things as I was, but at home most of the memories were bad." Maddie explains as they stop at the small park again so they can rest and May and Zach can let their food settle.

"Did you have any memories here?" May asks looking around making the older teen chuckle. "Yeah, this," She pauses pointing to the marry-go-round. "is where I face planted and popped out my front tooth." She explains pointing to where her baby teeth had been replaced with permanent ones. "Sounds about right." Justin jokes smiling at Maddie who shook her head. Maddie and May were the ones doing most of the talking. Zach loved listening to he stories, he unlike the rest had actually heard a few of the ones she had already told because when Maddie first moved in Zach wanted to know all about her.