9: Twitter

Here it is! I promise the story will get better soon, but I felt like I needed to post something before Thanksgiving so you guys don't have to wait for forever for an update. Hope you like it, and if you do: fan, vote, and COMMENT! I will randomly be picking one commenter to dedicate this chapter to :3

  And I've been getting a lot of messages saying about how Eleanor is Louis's girlfriend, but in this story my friend Eleanor plays Liam's girlfriend. Also, the other contest winners are Amber, who is playing Zayn's girlfriend, and Anthie who is playing Louis's girlfriend.

The funny thing is, when you finally start to adapt strong feelings for someone your reality becomes utter chaos. Maybe it's just me, but everything lately wasn't working in my favor it seemed. You might think I'm stupid for falling in love with someone after a day, but thinking back on it, it's been two whole years. In my head I told myself that I didn't love him, but my heart was screaming that I did.

  And today of all days I finally put the pieces together. The day that he leaves and forgets me completely. He went on his pity visit, and now he could hit resume on his superstar-dome life and abandon me like some lost puppy.

  I pictured him in ten years, sitting with his pretty little family at a dinner table, his beautiful wive Vanessa giving him a sweet kiss on the cheek as he held on to their precious little baby. Something inside me shattered at the mere thought. I was being absolutely ridiculous about everything lately.

  Now that the subconscious part of me told the conscious part of me the obvious truth, everything inside me was confused. It's like your brain works in every situation, but there's an automatic button that switches it off when you're falling hard for someone. But could you really call this falling hard? I'd only recognized my feelings this morning.

  "Eleanor says hi," Harry said, cupping his hand over the mouthpiece of his phone. I felt like such a baby having someone bring a freaking bodyguard for my safety, but at least Harry cared that much about me. I nodded and walked over, grabbing a banana from the table and peeling it open slowly as I listened to their conversation.

  "Yeah, she's right here." Harry answered an inaudible voice in the phone. "Mmhmm. Tiff's mum is going to be with her at the trial. You don't have to come this early. Okay, okay. That works. No, he's flying in later. Alright. Does that work? Good. I'll text you later. See ya, Elley." He hit the red end button and stared at me for a second. He was wearing baggy sweatpants and a worn Jack Wills shirt, but his hair looked like the usual.

  "I'm so sorry, Darcy." He apologized again. I groaned, finishing up the rest of my banana and tossing it into the little white trashcan in the corner of the room.

  "I'm a big girl, Harry. I'll take care of myself." I promised him, looking him right in the eye to tell him that I 100% meant what I said.

  "I know. I just don't want to see-" He said before cutting himself off. I hadn't realized that I was digging my fingernails into my arm so hard that it was making what looked like bite marks. I glanced over at Tiff who was down the hall in her bedroom getting ready for the day. Even though so much had happened last night, we were all going out once more before being ripped apart to a place that Niall and Harry said was a 'surprise' and that we should bring a jacket and sneakers. Tiff had objected with Niall, pleading with him so much about it that he almost gave in.

  Almost.

  "What's going to happen?" I blurted out. "When you go, I mean." I could feel the blush creeping up my face, and I prayed that Harry didn't catch it. He grabbed my hand and smiled at me, his dimples showing only a second later.

  "I'm not going to ditch you. I'll come by when we tour around here, and when Niall and Liam fly down here to see the other girls. Maybe you'll get to meet Vanessa and tell me if you think I should ask her out." He said, nudging my arm playfully. I could feel a lump rising in my throat, but I swallowed hard and smiled back at him.

  "Hey, look at this." Harry said, pointing at his phone. He was on twitter, I could tell by the baby blue background and the little birds beside the Twitter logo. It was hard to see the screen with the glare coming from the early morning sunlight streaming in through the windows. But when I did see it, the little trending hashtag made my dreary morning a little bit brighter.

  #fightingfordarcym

  "People really care about you, Darc'." He said. I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder as he scrolled through his news feed, a bunch of teenagers spamming on all of his tweets. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Tiff, all dressed and ready to go to wherever we were going today, when I was still wearing my sweatpants and was in desperate need of a comb.

  "Sometimes when we're bored we make fake twitter accounts and talk to fans." Harry said. Tiff laughed as she took a big bite out of some bacon from McDonald's. We had pretty much pigged out on all of the food, but it was Niall who came through and sucked everything up like a vacuum. "This is Suzie Green. She's Niall's, but I still go on the account. What should I say?"

  "Tell her that you're going to marry One Direction." Tiff said, rummaging around the empty bags of food for any crumbs that Niall might have missed. Harry smiled and sent the tweet to her, setting his silver phone on the table. I yawned and drank some of my coffee from McDonald's, which was already cold now.

  "Why won't you tell us where we're going?" Tiff asked. Harry crossed his arms over each other and shook his head.

  "Sorry Tiff, I can't tell." He said, smirking. Tiff and I both shared an annoyed sigh before we heard a dinging noise coming from Harry's phone. Tiff giggled at the sound and rushed over to our side of the table as Harry turned on his IPhone.

  NUH UH! cuz niall and tiff are dating, and zayn is dating amber, louis is dating anthie, and harry and darcy are dating, and Liam's dating that amazing guurl Eleanor

  Tiff looked at Harry and I and smirked. This time I knew that I was full-on blushing, and I could tell that Harry was too. She started to laugh as we sat there in silence, the awkwardness not fading one bit.

  "Me and Darcy? No way!" Harry said. "Plus I like Vanessa."

  And at that moment, I could literally feel my heart ripping in two.