#19 Frozen under Liams broken gaze.

It was 4:30pm, Liam would be in warm ups right now preparing for tonight's game

I on the other hand eagerly waited by my front door as my parents car drove into the driveway. I was so glad they're home even if it is only for three weeks. I heard the familiar sound of dads keys in the lock and the faint sound of my moms voice on the other side of the layer of wood that separated us. They're finally home.

My mom caught me up into her embrace right away, I inhale the comforting smell of lavender laundry detergent and tropical shampoo. Moms home. 

"Missed you so much Liv, come to the kitchen and help me prepare dinner. We can get caught up on all of the stuff I've missed."

"Mom, you've not missed anything, we video chat every night." 

"I know but I want to hear about it all over again." 

I peeled potatoes whilst mom chopped vegetables, I can't remember when I last had a hearty, home cooked meal. I usually just grab something and go. It's so good having my parents home, it fills the house with so much warmth and love, just like it should be. I know their work is important so I don't make a big deal out of being by myself most of the time but sometimes it just gets lonely. 

As we prepared the shepherds pie we spoke about their successful business deal and how they negotiated for a company merge, we spoke about my school life and how I've been bothered less these past few days. I found myself avoiding all conversations about a certain blue eyed beauty though and they stared clear of 'boy talk' anyway.

Ahh. Liam. It was now 5pm, kick off would have officially started. 

We sat down together at the dining table. Together as a family. 

"I'm happy with your report cards so far Olivia, I'm pleased to see you're maintaining your grade point average. You'll have a great shot with any college you apply for, I'm sure." 

Dad said as he piled some green beans onto his fork. Conversation didn't always flow easily between my dad and I, there was no tension I just don't think we really knew what to talk to each other about. He's very business minded and keeps on top of my grades, it's a little unnerving but I know that's just how he expresses his love and shows he cares.