Chapter I

Five years ago.........

Olivia's POV

Prom night

This was yet to be the happiest day of my life. I had already planned everything to detail—my dress, shoes, accessories, make up but most importantly my date, Tristan Johnson. Everything was going according to plan. I was even counting down the days to prom.

Tristan had been my best friend from ever since I could remember, in preschool to be specific. The first time I saw him was just after a girl called Nancy and her friends were bullying me and shoved me on the ground. The next thing I knew, he was just there, standing up for me and telling them an earful about how mean they were being to me, and they should stop. He spoke so strong and confidently, I was remarkably impressed and At that moment I just knew. From that day onwards, we were inseparable. We did everything together, seen everywhere together.....you would swear we were twins.

Tristan was incredible, and I loved just how easy it was to talk to him because it was such a great listener. I know I was annoying and probably got on his nerves sometimes, but it seemed it didn't get to him, he would just laugh it off like its nothing and get back at me as soon as he could.

He was honestly a pain in the neck, drove me to the edge of insanity. He was goofy and annoying. But then, he made me laugh, like really, really hard. I, too, had my moments of cracking him up, especially when I was making a complete idiot of myself, and he found the humor in everything silly I did. When he laughed, like genuinely laugh, I swear the world stopped revolving. Like a sight you would wish to capture and replay whenever you need a reason to smile. He was amazing, funny and so incredibly goddamn handsome.

His body...my god his body. I was pretty sure God made him on a Sunday, taking time to sculpture this perfect body. Tristan hit the gym regularly and because he liked wearing those tight sweater like jerseys, so it was impossible to turn a blind eye to his masculine physique.

His smile, was enough to make my heart skip three beats at once. His small eyes would close shut when he threw his head back, laughing hysterically. His voice wasn't that deep, but it still carried that dominance in it. He had these dark blue eyes, that were inviting enough to get lost in.

I had been crushing on him for quite some time, years actually, but I really hadn't found the courage to tell him cause the moment his dark blue pools look into my eyes....my throat runs dry, and it feels like a flutter of butterflies exploded in the pit of my stomach. I just become a mess, going through a thunderstorm of emotions all at once and literally get dumbfounded.... and I'm basically afraid what his reaction will turn out like when I break the news to him.

I'm a coward

I felt a tap on my shoulder as I was packing away some books into my locker and I turned to meet his blue pools and killer smile, my knees instantly went weak

“Hey Liv”

“Hey Stan.”, He closed my locker for me, bringing his face closer to mine. My stomach did all sorts of somersaults every time he was that close to me. He smells so good.

“How bout I treat you for your favorite milkshake later on today?”, a smile played involuntarily on my lips

“I'd like that”

“Cool, I'll pick you up?”

“Sure”

He started to walk away, still facing me as he gave a mini salute.

“I'll see you later then”, he winked before he turned around and hastened his pace to his next class. Him winking at me made a blush crept onto my cheeks as I looked down at my feet to compose and regain my serious front again. He has his special way of making me smile without even trying. Tiny gestured he did, were enough to build up an earthquake from inside me, strong enough to shaken my tiny frame.