𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN:A STRANGERS SCENT

A STRANGERS SCENT

"I WISH YOU WERE there." Emma pouted as she laid beside Rosalie. "It was the best thing ever. It made my entire day."

"Your entire day?" Rosalie quizzed, cocking an eyebrow. Emma looked over at her as a playful smile fell on Rosalie's lips. "If it made your entire day, then I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow. . ."

"Hey, I said my entire day, not my entire night." Emma quickly pointed out. Rosalie smirked as Emma climbed on top of her. Their hands interlocked as the kisses began. They trailed from Rosalie's jawline, to her neck, and then to her collar bone that Emma knew was her soft spot. A moan of delight fell from Rosalie's lips and Emma smirked before sitting up. She allowed Rosalie to pull her shirt off before Emma leaned back down to trail the kisses lower and lower. The two girls had an hour to themselves before the others came back from hunting, so they decided to use it the best way they knew how. With each other.

☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎☯︎︎

"Emma!"

"Jasper!" Emma called back as she and Rosalie walked down the stairs hand in hand.

"We need to go track someone." Jasper told her as Emma walked up to him. She frowned as her eyebrows furrowed. "Edward just called. Someone's been in Bella's house. And please, don't complain. I know you hate her. Just come with me."

"Fine fine." Emma huffed. She turned her head, placing a kiss on Rosalie's cheek before following her brother out of the home. They sped to Bella's house and when they found the scent they were both looking for, they started to track it until it suddenly stopped. Emma and Jasper stopped and looked at one another. They had absolutely no idea who this person was, and the person knew how to hide their scent well.

With that, the two siblings quickly made their way back to their home.

"Who is it? Someone we know?" Carlisle asked as the two siblings made their way up the porch steps, entering the home.

"It's a stranger. I didn't recognize his scent." Edward responded.

"A nomad passing through?" Esme suggested.

"A passerby wouldn't have left Bella's father alive." Rosalie dismissed. Just as she said that, Emma and Jasper entered the room and everyone turned their heads to face them.

"The scent disappeared about five miles south of Bella's house." Jasper spoke as Emma walked by him to stand beside the chair Rosalie was sitting in. Rosalie stood up, glancing at Emma before looking back at Carlisle.

"Someone's orchestrating this," Carlisle said.

"Victoria?" Bella quizzed from her spot on the couch beside Alice.

Alice shook her head. "I would've seen her decide."

"It has to be the Volturi." Edward spoke.

"I don't think it's the Volturi either." Alice said, once again shaking her head. "I've been watching Aro's decisions too."

"So, we keep looking." Amelia simply declared with the shrug of her shoulders.

"We'll also take shifts guarding Bella at her house."

"Another protection detail?" Emma growled.

"Emma." Carlisle warned.

"No, she's right. I mean you can't protect me, watch my dad and search for the intruder." Bella defended.

"And for Victoria." Rosalie muttered.

"I'm not leaving you here defenseless." Edward said, looking at Bella.

"Well, I'm not going to let you starve." Bella shot back. "And I'm not going to be unprotected. I have. . ."

"What?" Edward asked.

"She means the wolves." Amelia told him, sharing a knowing look with Emma who was trying to contain her amusement. And after much argument, Edward reluctantly agreed. For several nights, the wolves switched shifts with vampires and Emma absolutely hated it.

She walked in the home after her shift with Jasper and fell on the couch with a loud groan. "How long do we have to do this? Why can't we just let the person kill her?"

"Emma!" Esme scolded.

Emma looked up at her with a huff. "Sorry, mama." She placed her face back onto the couch cushion so that she could let out another muffled groan. When she was finally done acting like a child, she sat up. "The only reason why I'm doing this is because I find the love triangle that's happening very very amusing."

"Jasper." Esme tried.

"I can't control what she says or does." Jasper says, putting his hands up in surrender. Emma smirks in amusement at her brother.

"See this is why you're my favorite brother." Emma says with a smile as she turns her head to look at him.

"If we're speaking technically, I'm your only brother." Jasper pointed out.

"Exactly." Emma smiled. Jasper rolled his eyes at her as Emma hopped up off the couch, running over to give her brother a kiss on the cheek. "Love you, Jazz."

"Mhm. Love you too, Em."

"Em, come on! We need to hunt!" Rosalie yelled. Emma huffed.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." Emma quickly left her brothers side and joined Rosalie's as they stepped outside, running deep in the woods in hunt for their prey.

" Emma quickly left her brothers side and joined Rosalie's as they stepped outside, running deep in the woods in hunt for their prey

837 words

Authors note: I didn't really like this chapter?? I feel like I could've written it better.

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH