16 ' rooftop cliché

On the next school day, their homeroom teacher was a little earlier than usual and it is all because of a big announcement, the field trip.

"Okinawa," Amari reads the writings on the blackboard as she enters the classroom.

She crouches and heads to her seat, a little ashamed of running late.

"What? Field trip?" she hears the murmurs of her classmates just before the teacher began.

"Alright, so for next week's field trip, we'll be going to," she says then points to the blackboard, "Okinawa."

"There are a number of preparations we need to do, such as the groupings and the representatives. We'll be going with the other second year classes and we need reps to help us with organizing the classes," she explains.

"Let's start with the representatives first," she adds, then writes on the blackboard. "Any volunteers? We just need two."

Amari looks around in the class, seeing almost everyone try to avoid making eye contact with their teacher. It's too obvious that they were reluctant to do the job and Amari purses her lips, deciding if she should do it for the class.

"I'll do it, sensei," she says and raises her hand.

"Me too!" another boy from the back volunteers. She turns around to see who it was and finds that it was the class vice president.

"Alright, we Sasaki Hiroshi and Amari Emi. Thank you, you two," the teacher sighs in relief, not needing to prolong the volunteering.

"Up next, we have the groupings, we need groups of four, would you like to group yourselves by choice?" she asks, which the class immediately responds with a "yes."

"Emi, Emi," Yume whispers.

Her seatmate taps her shoulders and points to Yume, who's still trying to grab her attention.

"What?" Amari whispers back.

"Team up with Sasaki-kun," she mouths, which Amari barely understands.

"Sasaki-kun," Yume mouthed the syllables again.

"Why?"

"Please?" Yume whispers another plead, pressing her hands together like a prayer.

"Okay, well, you can go around the room, then form a group of four people," the teacher permits.

The students all stand up and walk around to search for a group, while Jiro, Yume, and Amari, by default, grouped together. "Can we please have Sasaki-kun?" Yume requests.

"What's with him?"

"Add whoever you want, I'll just go to the toilet," Jiro tells them and leaves to get the permission of the teacher.

"So, why Sasaki-san?" Amari asks, "I thought you liked Jiro?"

"Yeah yeah, but he doesn't see me that way. I'm moving on with a new crush," Yume admits. "Can you please just get him? He looks like a lost puppy trying to get into a group," she requested.

Amari turns around and figures that his actual friend group was made up of five people and one had to be left out. She builds up the courage to invite him and raises her voice, "Sasaki-san," she called.

On the other hand, for Sakusa, he just wants to end the day and go home after all the trouble this morning. Not only was he forced to be the representative, there's also trouble in grouping up. Obviously, he grouped with Komori, but there seems to be some competition for the two remaining slots for their group.

"Can't help it because you're popular, huh, Kiyoomi-kun?" Komori teases at his visibly annoyed cousin. "Wonder how Amari-san would react to this fuss just to be in the same group as you," he continues.

SakusaKiyoomi: Emi, meet me in the rooftop later.

Emimimi: Breaking school rules now? Hahaha

Emimimi: Wait, really? That's not allowed lol

SakusaKiyoomi: Then just the stairs to the rooftop. No one goes there.

Emimimi: Are you okay, Omi? :((

SakusaKiyoomi: No. I am annoyed.

Because of Sakusa's messages to Amari, by lunch time, she goes straight to the stairs leading to the rooftop. She sits down to wait for him and he arrives shortly after. With his brows furrowed, it was a piece of cake to tell how annoyed he really was.

"Well? Want to talk about it?" she asks.

"No," he answers then sits next to her.

"Okay, then let's just stay here if you want," she offers.

Sakusa sighs and puts his head on her shoulder, shocking Amari. "Is this some sort of recharge?" she giggles and tilts her head towards his curls.

"Maybe."

"Whatever happened, it'll pass. It always does," she tries comforting him.

"Still very annoying though," he says, "The teacher randomly chose a rep and my name just had to be chosen."

"I see, that's why," she mumbles and places a hand on his soft locks of hair. She caresses them, which he found strangely pleasing.

"I volunteered for it, no one wants to do it because they all just want to relax and enjoy," she complains as well. "Hey, at least we get to see each other more often," she adds.

As curious as Amari is to hear the rest of his complaints, she respects that he doesn't want to talk about it. They spend half of the time in silence and Sakusa feels relieved to be away from all the noise from a while ago.