Fighting Demons

CAMILA

"So what it's so important that you have to barge into my house?" I finally got to asked Presley after she rummage my fridge and basically eat everything that was in it. "Also, why are you eating like it was your last meal?"

Presley burped instead of answering my question and asked, "Can I have a cigarette? I smoke when I'm full."

"I'm not gonna give you a cigarette! I'm still your teacher and what makes you think I have any?" I told her sternly. Although I smoke but I'm not gonna let her know that—

I heard her scoffed that stopped my thoughts. "First, I know you have cigarettes, second please we're outside the school you're technically not my teacher anymore, third I've seen you smoke at the parking lot of the school, not once but a lot of times."

"Are you stalking me?" I asked.

"I think I made my point, miss, so are you giving me one or not?"

"I'm not giving you a cigarette, Presley." I told her seriously.

She rolled her eyes "Figures. You're no fun." She stood up from the kitchen counter and walk to the front door.

I was confused because she hasn't tell me anything yet and she was leaving? I cannot let my food go to waste!

"Are you leaving already?"

"Gee. I don't like clingy people!" She shouted and closed the door.

I sighed and followed her. God, she was exhausting.

When I opened door I found her smoking at my porch. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"I'm smoking."

"Yeah, I can see that!"

"Then why'd you asked?" Presley said smirking at me.

"Then why did you even ask me to give you one if you already had one?" I asked frustrated at her attitude

"Because it's rude not to ask, when what I'm smoking is one of yours. I saw your pack over your fridge..." she pulled a pack of cigarettes inside her pocket and tossed it to me. "I prefer it red so that's yours."

I caught the pack and gripped it so tight that I was sure that all of its contents were ruined. I was so tired of our banter that I didn't have the energy to scold her for her attitude.

I sighed loud enough for her to hear so she knew that I didn't want to banter anymore.

"Why don't you just tell me what you came here for, Presley?"

She sighed and put out her cigarette on my floor by stepping on it. You see I decided to ignore that either to avoid another frustrating response from her.

Presley turned to face me and I gave her an annoyed look. "You go first. Ask me whatever you want to ask me."

Now I was confused, well  I know that I have something to ask her but how did she know that?

"Oh come on, Camila. You wouldn't have let me come here at this hour if you didn't need something from me." Presley said as matter of fact.

"That's not--

"Oh, please! You said that you were looking forward to our guitar lessons! Which you will never say because as much you wanted to teach me you'd rather go home with Lauren. So spare me the bullshit and tell me what you want." For some reasons that I didn't know Presley sounded hurt. I couldn't think of any reason why would she feel like this so I ignored it and asked what I really wanted to ask her. I lit a cigarette of my own took deep drag because I was scared what will be the answer.