twist.

"What are we making?" I asked Noah as I pulled up various recipes on my phone. We needed something light, something fun to set the mood.

"See if you can find anything with fruit." Noah said, taking different types of fruit out of the shopping bags.

"What's jungle juice?" I asked outloud, showing the online receipe to Noah.

"Its good, you'll like it." He assured me.

"Ready?" I asked before saying everything.

"Orange juice, cranberry juice, club soda, lemonade, fruit punch, sliced strawberries, oranges, vodka and rum." I said, watching Noah frantically move around the kitchen to get everything.

It definitely sounded good, but I knew vodka was heavy.

"Slice strawberries." Noah handed me a sharp knife.

"Are we gonna have enough?" I questioned, carefully slicing the knife through the soft fruit.

"I'm sure we will. This is at least three gallons." Noah tossed the orange slices inside the big jug, waiting for me to finish.

We heard roaring laughter erupt from another room in the house. The noise startled me, making me gasp out loud. It was probably Tiffany and Natalie, laughing at each other like they always did.

"Alright, what's next?" Noah mixed the fruity concoction, releasing a sweet aroma into the air. I read the next recipe.

*

"My fingers are raw." I let go of the knife after slicing countless batches of different fruits.
"Same." Noah went to rinse his hands with cold water.

I looked over at Ryan and Audrina, they were working intently on their playlist, talking to each other quietly. I narrowed my eyes at them, watching how she shuffled closer to him, and touched his arm when he made a joke and she laughed.

"Let them be." Noah snuck up behind me and startled me. He looked over my shoulder at them.

"I can't, I'm just looking out for her." I rubbed my hand up and down my arm, looking back up at Noah.

"As much of an asshole as he is, he's a great guy. I can assure you."

"I'm sure he is. I haven't seen it yet." I huffed and cleaned up our work station. We made at least 4 jugs of alcoholic fruit drinks. Definitely more than enough.

Tiffany burst in, taking me by my hand into her room.

I shrugged my shoulders at Noah, unsure where Tiffany was taking me or what she needed me for.

"Can you help me get ready? I don't know what to wear!" She pulled out three dresses, laying them out on her bed.

"I think this one would look nice." I picked up a navy blue strapless dress and hung it next to her.

"Yeah, I like it. What's Natalie wearing?" I looked at the rest of the dresses.

"I let her borrow that red one that was off the shoulder we bought last year. She's putting it on." She smiled at me, taking off her shirt and slipping the dress over her head. She didn't even have the decency to turn around but I was used to it.
I looked away, waiting until she was done to leave.

"I'm changing, I'll be right out." I shouted across the hall to her, locking myself in my room.

I looked in my closet until I found a short, satin slip dress. I bought it a long time ago, but I had never worn it. Now seemed like the appropriate time.

I quickly put it on and admired how I looked in it. I loved how the fabric lightly hung off my hips, but was still tight enough to give me shape. I liked how the straps were thin and dainty, and the chest area wasn't too tight.