You..are not.. a filthy Potter.

"What..?" uttered Severus Snape. The tall man had appeared at #4 Privet Drive nearly seven years after the incident, on the 31st of July.

He had wanted to make sure that young Hadrian was taken care of. Of course he would then leave and pretend he had never been there. He didn't need Dumbledore suspecting where his true loyalties lie.

"You heard her the first time. We sent the freakish-"

At this the tall, stiff male, went rigid with anger. His dark eyes flashing a deep red and causing Vernon Dursley to choke on his words. The family of three, a tall horse faced woman, a pig of a child and an obese; whale of a man, cowered back in fear. Their faces pale.

"You will not speak of him that way, muggle. You are far beneath him. You have no idea what you've done." snarled Severus, scowling as the family flinched away from him. As if he'd ever risk Hadrian's safety by hurting them. He would do so later. If he managed to leave them alive.

"Where is he?" demanded the brooding male and Petunia spoke up, "Harrison's Home for Orphaned Boys."

The frightened Dursleys watched as Severus Snape swept out of the room, robes billowing behind him like the wings of a bat.

Once outside of the mundane home, Severus cast a silent marking spell. He then masked the spell and disappeared. The muggles were safe for now but would soon regret their negligent actions. So would a certain light Leader.. however, that would be later.

The next the Potions Master appeared, he was in front of what looked to be an old, rundown building. It was similar to a house yet looked more like a factory of sorts. The shingles were falling off, the brick cracked in places and the window fogged over with what could only be dust and grime.

Severus bristled, clenching his fists by his sides as he looked over the building. Memories of his own childhood surfacing.

How dare they. he almost hissed aloud, barely containing the rage he felt. He did manage though, knowing full well that he could not afford to lose control here. Too many breathers around.

His steps were quick and purposeful as he marched up to the porch and through the front door, frowning at how little security there was. Hadrian should be properly guarded at all times even if only by a friend.

Severus' nose scrunched up in disgust at the smell of something rotting and sweat. He could hear the rowdy screams of children and he cringed. "Sir? Is there something you need?" came the voice of a plain faced muggle. The woman was coming out of a room to his left, what looked to be paperwork, held tightly in her arms.

"Yes. I am looking for a child by the name of Harry Potter." he said clearly, forcing himself not to grimace at the name. At this, the muggle woman's entire demeanor seemed to change. She paled, her shoulders stiff and her expression fearful as she uttered shakily, "Are you.. may I ask why?"

"That is none of your concern. Is he here?" said Severus and she flinched, nodding quickly. "He is. I should warn you.. he isn't like the other boys." she said and Severus tilted his head just slightly as he let the woman lead him down a dingy hall. There were boys everywhere. Some were older than others, some young. However at that moment they were all staring at the man with something akin to hope.

Hoping that he would want to take one of them away. Unfortunately for them he only wanted one child.

"How so?" he queried, a brow rising as the woman shuddered. "I can't explain it but.. there's something off with him. The air around him is.. stifling. Like being choked. But it's when you look into his eyes that you start to.." she trailed off and it was silent as she finally came to a stop at the door at the very end of the hall.

The woman raised a fist hesitantly, then knocked on the door.

"Come in." came a soft voice and the woman opened the door gently, motioning Severus inside. As Severus crossed the threshold, taking in his surroundings, he noticed that the room Hadrian was situated in was far more clean than the rest of the house. In fact, it seemed to be the best room.

The walls here were a muted grey and the floor a smooth wood. There was a dresser placed against the right wall and on the left, a desk sat underneath a clean window. In the furthest corner was a full length mirror, beside it, a bookshelf.

"Who are you?" came the same soft voice, though there was a certain edge there. As if the boy had felt threatened somehow. Severus finally met the boy's gaze and couldn't help but look him over. It had been a long time since he had seen the young Master but like the first time, he was completely enthralled with him.

He was no longer an infant but a young child.

He was taller than most children his age, eight, with smooth, pale skin. His hair, raven with streaks of blood red, fell past his neck and his eyes.. avada kedavra green with a ring of deep violet. If one looked close enough they could see the blood red flecks inside of the green. The black iris thin, almost, snake like. And just above his brow was a lightning shaped scar. The only permanent mark he had received on the night of the incident.

At the moment the boy seemed to have been reading a book. He was seated on his bed, legs crossed. He wore fairly worn clothes but they looked clean. And just then he was staring at Severus as if he were some new lifeform. His eyes roaming over the man's black cloak with interest.

"Hadrian.." breathed Severus faintly, approaching the boy. At this, Hadrian tilted his head. "I am sorry. I don't know any Hadrian. My name is Harry Potter."

"You..are not.. a filthy Potter." spat Severus and the boy went stiff. His expression wary.