|9|

when they arrived at Ginzan Onsen in Yamagata prefecture, the snow had already piled up on the street prettily, reflecting the flickering yellow lights from traditional wooden gas lamp from wooden motels and onsen buildings lining each side of the river. the district is lined up with retro buildings along the Ginzan river flowing trough the town. the environment was giving the nostalgic vibe because of the 19th century style preserved on every buildings seen. this onsen was one of the most historical and picturesque onsen towns in Japan as it traditionally styled ryokan occupy three and four storied wooden buildings.

 the streets were lightened up with gas lighting poles and dimly lights in dark creating mystical atmosphere. taehyung had been in awe ever since they got off the shinkansen. the place's epically nostalgic feel and its beautiful hiking trails and waterfall during more temperate weather were one the best things taehyung had ever seen. 

taehyung felt like traveling back in time to classical Japan. as they walked along the town's streets, they found colourful pictures on the walls of onsen inns and snowflake designs on tiles on the roads.

the water vapor in taehyung's breath had condensed into lots of tiny droplets of liquid water and ice that could be seen similar to fog. as temperatures dropped, the fog turned ticker and clear to his sight. they also could see huge variety of cafes, restaurants, and gift shops.

taehyung was so sure, there was nothing better than soaking up in a hot bath when it was cold outside. a relaxing soak in a hot spring surrounded by snowy scenery would be an exceptional delight.

namjoon  hyung had really outdone his surprise!

---

they finally arrived at their inn with beautiful showa era design that provided them public onsen, private onsen, and motels. the plan for the day was to relax in the motel and enjoy a relaxing bath in onsen. namjoon booked the twenty of them five couple rooms and two big rooms for ten people in max. the headmaster had been informed that there were five couples in their group including himself by seokjin, without the knowledge that taekook had been hiding their marriage.

that was why when they decided their room, taehyung was stuck between accepting the couple room key from namjoon to be with jeongguk, or rooming together with the other male teachers. seokjin who understood taehyung's hesitance went pale as he realised that he had forgotten to tell namjoon about their promise.

the others looked at the omega in skeptical. all the male teachers were beta and alpha so it wouldn't be ideal for taehyung to join them, receiving the couple room would be the best idea, but who would he be rooming with?

after a few seconds of silence eye-battle, namjoon raised an eyebrow at his brother-in-law and instead pushed the key into jeongguk's hand. panic ran through taehyung's mind and he snatched the key before it could touch his husband's hand in haste. he didn't dare looking up to see jeongguk's face, but he knew how angry the alpha was as he felt their bond fluctuated in extreme emotions.

"eh? who should taehyung-ssi room with?" jieun, an omega teacher, asked in confusion.

"he should sleep with another omega teacher," irene, an omega, said.

"baekhyun-ssi will be with chanyeol-ssi, though, because they're mates. the other male teachers aren't omega," dahye, a female beta teacher said.

namjoon looked beyond confused, he looked at taehyung who turned his head down with sad expression, to jeongguk who looked irritated, and to seokjin who was pale and silently gave him an 'i'll-tell-you-later' expression. had there been a secret he didn't know?