Chapter Six

A week had passed since the accident. Annabella had still not woken up from her surgery yet. The doctors kept telling the De Luca's that it was her body's way of healing itself. They would not listen though, and kept insisting they run more tests to figure out what was wrong. Alessio had tried to tell them it was pointless to run the tests, but eventually gave up after 10 new tests.

There was no telling when or if Annabella would wake, as much as it pained them. No matter how many tests they ran, only time would tell. Each day that had passed was a smaller chance of her waking again.

They had gotten the results of the DNA test back. It took them about 3 hours to muster up enough courage to actually open it, but when they did they were overwhelmed with happiness. She was their lost sister.

Stefano was over the moon to have his baby girl back but wished his wife was there with him to see her. It had been her mission to find their baby Annabella over the years and when they finally did, she wasn't there beside him. She would ever get to see how beautiful their daughter had turned out to be.

Adriano hadn't shown any emotion when they read the results, but he was secretly excited to have someone to spoil. Maybe she would be able to make him take off the stone-cold mask he wore. Only time would tell.

Alessio was happy to have someone that might accept his motherly tendencies as his brothers said. They never liked when he would look after them because he was too overbearing.

Angelo, Alessandro, and Antonio had varying emotions. Angelo was a little like Alessio, but not as overbearing. He would subtly make sure his brothers were okay. He was excited to have a little sister again. Alessandro was worried because Annabella seemed too thin. He was a health nut after all. He could not wait to make her food. Antonio was angry that she was back. He was afraid to let her into his life in case something happened to her, so he made the decision to hate her instead. He could not bear to lose her once again.

Last up was Armani. He didn't know what to do now that she was for sure his twin. He had always felt like a piece of him was missing, but was Annabella that piece? He didn't want to get his hopes too high because he had a feeling she wouldn't be as accepting when it came down to coming home with them.

As the days passed, the boys were decorating what was going to be Annabella's room to keep themselves busy and their minds off of what was going on with her right now. They had also stepped back from the mafia for the time being. Well, everyone except Stefano and Adriano. They kept themselves drowned in work to not think about Annabella's condition.

Isabella had thrown herself into her school work. She hated going everyday and seeing where Annabella should have been sitting in the classes. She had gotten bombarded with questions for the first few days back, but people eventually had gotten the memo that she did not want to answer any of their questions and backed off.

As long as Annabella was unconscious in that hospital bed, nothing would ever be the same.