↠ 45

The plane's wheels touched the ground, making you wake up. You had fallen asleep about halfway into the flight. You let out a yawn and noticed the sun streaming in from the small window. For a moment, you watched as other people started to get up and grab their bags. Then you stood up and grabbed the bags for your seatmates.

Homura had woken up Aika who was still sleepy. Finally, your family made it out of the plane and the airport was bustling with life. Rei practically charged ahead as you all followed. And walking out of the airport brought back so many memories.

You continued following Rei but every once in a while you glanced around. The small shops and restaurants, the familiar noise of everything and you knew the special places where ghouls went. Like the bar for ghouls. Rei kept on walking, taking a very familiar route.

It led to home.

The original cafe that was your home stood still in its place. Rei opened the cafe door and let everyone inside. Everything was the same. The wooden tables in their places and the fake plants still stood in their place. Although the chairs were stacked on the table and the plants had some dust on them.

"I wonder if she's here." Rei muttered and walked to the door that led upstairs.

"Ah, Momoi?" Aika slightly perked up. This was the only thing she had said during this whole trip.

Rei nodded. "Yeah. Before we left, I asked her to come by once in a while and to check the place." Before he reached the door, it opened to reveal a sneaky Momoi. Then it opened wider once she realized it was you.

"Welcome back!" She smiled.

Momoi was a good friend of Rei and Aika. She actually owns a bar down the street and offers the special blood wine where ghouls can get drunk. But only to special people she liked.

"Hello Momoi." Rei greeted.

Momoi's eyes flickered to Aika. "Hey." She went over to her and gave her a gentle hug. Aika hugged her back. Then she went to everyone giving them their own hug, although Homura wasn't fond of hugs. You noticed that she dyed her hair again. This time a vibrant pink which reminded you of someone.

"I assume you're all fighting Riku soon?" She questioned.

Rei let out a sigh. "Maybe tomorrow or the day after. How were things when we were gone?"

Momoi crossed her arms. "Sort of bad if I have to be honest." She admitted. "It got bad with Akari Ki that I was considering following after you guys. Then it just stopped. I think that either Yuki or Hayate realized you left Tokyo. During that time it stopped, the Doves saw their chance and recruited more people.

"But I think that Yuki or Hayate searched Japan up and down for signs of you. Then that was the last I heard of the top ones of Akai Ki." A smile played at her lips. "Since a few of us figured out that a few of them left, we killed a few. Not as many as we liked but we reduced their numbers."

Homura perked up at this. "By 'we' do you also mean that crazy cannibal?"

Momoi nodded her head. "Yeah. Usui actually fought with me and Penny." She shrugged her shoulders. "It was strange but he was somewhat useful."

The familiar name rang in your head. Penny fought as well? Huh. She was younger than any of you. Momoi had sort of adopted her when she was barely a teenager. Now she is in her last year of highschool.

"I'm surprised." Michael spoke up. "He's just..."

"Flashy." Momoi supplied the word with a teasing grin. "I'm assuming Yuki, Hayate or Riku found you guys in Korea, hm?"

Rei's eyes glanced at you. You kept quiet. Although, she was your enemy, it did hurt. You could faintly remember a time of when she was your best friend. "Yeah." He answered. "Yuki did."

Momoi glanced at you. "You okay Y/N? I know that Yuki was once considered family."

"Yeah." You replied. "But don't worry. She's dead."

Her eyes widened. "Really?" She didn't know what to say.

"We're just going to rest." Rei suddenly said. "I'll give you a call later if you want to join us in the planning."

Momoi understood. "Alright. See you guys later." Then she left. Everyone was quiet for a moment until without a single word said, they all went upstairs. You entered your old room. Everything was as you left it.

You closed the door and walked to your bed. You then opened up your bag, taking out your phone and charger. Spotting an outlet, you plugged the items in and your phone lit up. You left it there as you unpacked the few things you had. With a sigh, you crawled into bed and faced the ceiling.

Everything felt surreal. Like it was not normal. You closed your eyes, reflecting back about the past here. Meanwhile as your phone barely got to five percent, it started blowing up with various texts and calls from the boys. Unfortunately, your phone was on silent.

They saw it. The moment that you killed the mysterious person. For them, they thought that maybe you would knock them unconscious. Not kill them. It must be a ghoul thing. And so with wide eyes and words caught in their throats, they continued watching.

You stood there for a moment and then a mysterious person jumped out. Both of you stood there, talking it looked like, before the newcomer ran off. You took off into the building. The camera showed nothing else. Only a familiar figure with a dog mask jump out the second level. They stood at the entrance and then two figures ran off. Another one did as well and finally two more figures. Although one of them looked unconscious. They followed the same path as the previous ones.

More stillness and finally a few ghoul investigators filed out. They watched as they got in the vans, some holding their arms, sides or shoulders.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung questioned.

Jungkook looked up from his phone. "I was thinking of texting Y/N..." He trailed off.

Worried glances were passed. "I think she's probably injured right now." Namjoon carefully spoke, hating the words injured and you in a sentence. He didn't want to think that you suffered more wounds. "She needs to rest. We could text her tomorrow morning."

It convinced Jungkook to nod and let down his phone. Hoseok looked hestiant before finally asking; "Do ghouls heal fast?"

"If they're small cuts, they heal fast." Namjoon spit out the information like a machine. "If they're graver wounds, then it takes awhile."

T

he rest of the boys soaked in the information. They'll be patient and wait until the morning.

It was around seven in the morning (they really didn't sleep well) before texts were sent out by everyone. For the next two hours, there was no response.

"Is she mad?" Taehyung whispered and clutched the phone in his hand.

"Why would she be mad?" Yoongi was a bit frustrated as his call went to voice-mail.

A sigh came from Seokjin. "She's not answering."

"When do you think we can go back to the city?" Jimin set his phone down. It was frustrating to see nothing was read.

Just by coincidence, the TV showed a reporter. "Ghoul investigators will be clearing the city today and early tomorrow morning. The mayor has said that citizens who lived on the east side of town past tenth Street may return tomorrow. It's advised that some construction will be going on and may hold up traffic in some areas."

"We live past that!" Jungkook exclaimed. "We can go back tomorrow?"

"Yes!" Hoseol cheered. "I don't think I could make it living here for two more days."

Namjoon smiled a bit. "Then we can go visit Y/N." That earned smiles from all of them. Sadly, those smiles won't be there tomorrow.