Not quite the Social Distancing

Chapter 43

____________________________________________

Taehyung zoned out on the perfect platter of waffles set on the table. The chocolate dripping from its sides, colliding with the swirls of whipped cream that were surrounded by freshly sliced strawberries.

"Wanna switch Tae?" Yoongi's voice resonated in his ears and the brown haired male looked up, smiling sheepishly.

"Nah... I'm good with bacon. I just zoned out on your plate... " Taehyung replied with a small smile.

Taehyung wasn't blind, he could see his friends trying to cheer him up all week. They surely didnt know the whole context of what had happened (except for Jin, who knew everything) but they stuck to him regardless, trying to comfort the male.

Ofcourse, they did catch onto the larger bits when they were all sprawled in the living room the previous evening watching TV and the news popped up with a confirmed marriage of a certain someone. The boys didnt comment, they watched- shocked that too, while Taehyung just got up from his seat and locked himself inside his room.

Jungkook was getting married.

Did it hurt?

Yes.

A lot. It hurt like a fucking bitch.

Taehyung resorted his tears to his pillow while he pulled up a strong wall around his senses on other hours of the day.

It wasn't the fact that Jungkook hit him made him crawl into his sheets, to cry out of his senses. He wasn't one of the biggest school rebels for no reason just to take a hit and cry- that wasn't the reason why Taehyung had his emotions hanging loose by a thread.

It was because of what was happening at the moment.

It was because he had realized no matter how hard he had tried to save Jungkook... the raventte ended up falling right into it.

Taehyung wasn't surprised when the news of marriage came out. He wasn't really surprised, since he had heard that before.

He had heard it almost 2 months ago, when he had met Lee YongWon.

That was why he took the bribe.

"Leave Jungkook's side or it will be Somi facing the wrath of your stubbornness."

He took it for her.

He took it for Somi.

Because he knew how much Jungkook loved his sister and his family.

And no matter what, he wouldnt ever top that position in Jungkook's eyes.

He was merely a fling afterall.

Taehyung gulped, biting his lip to hold back the rush of emotions.

The brown haired male flipped his phone to check his messages, but there were none.

Not a call, not a text.

Not a trace of Jungkook.

Was he alright?

Taehyung sighed as he bit on the toast and swallowed harshly along with the rest of his emotions.

"I'm going to Daegu soon.." Taehyung mumbled.

"For Yoonji's?" Yoongi asked and Taehyung nodded.

"Yeah... also I'm intending on staying there for some time. Try getting some things off my mind for a change.." Taehyung licked his lips.