Chapter 33

Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput, the guileful prince of Shivgarh had got the information about fortification of the kingdom of Vijaygarh and he was utterly disappointed.

He scoffed as he realized his beautiful goldfish knew how to play well. He was annoyed at Aparajita’s decision of fortification as he knew it would be a great disadvantage for the kingdom of Shivgarh. After all, due to the strong walls all around, neither could Shivgarh wage a full-fledged war with the rival kingdom nor could he go to and fro. He was saddened as his heart wretched to meet the beautiful queen, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore and take steps towards his ultimate goal of crumbling the pride of the arrogant queen.

He rushed back to his kingdom as another devious idea popped in his mind.

Reaching his royal chambers in the ostentatious palace of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rathore smirked as he penned down a beautiful letter and sent it across to the royal queen of Vijaygarh. He wanted to make sure that the queen falls for him and his enticing charms soon after all, he was running out of time.

As soon as he sent his trained pet, Dharmadoot with the letter and smirked satisfactorily, the royal servant asked him to summon in the royal chambers of the king, his father, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, Veerbhadra rushed out of his bed chambers and walked through the alleys of the royal palace nodding at the royal guards who paid their regards to the future king of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput.

Scrunching his nose, Veerbhadra frowned as the creases of worries appeared on his forehead. Mentally hailing profanities to his childhood friend, Uday Singh Chauhan, Veerbhadra moved towards the royal hall anticipating the gist of the matter his father wanted to discuss.

As soon as Veerbhadra entered the dimly lit royal hall which had magnificent walls embellished with rare gems and royal chairs made up of gold metal, his hazel green eyes became dark in anger. He saw his father, the old king of Shivgarh, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput pacing furiously from one end to another while the commander-in-chief of the Rajputana army, Uday Singh Chauhan glaring at him. Veerbhadra realized his father had planned a coveted meeting to reprimand him.

“Veer, how could you stoop so low?”, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput said angrily walking towards his son as soon as Veerbhadra closed the doors of the royal hall.

“I know what I am doing”, Veerbhadra said getting pissed at his friend who stood up with his head bowed down. Veerbhadra knew Uday was trying his best to hide his smile as the king reprimanded his son.

A loud thud echoed in the room as blood rushed in the veins of the young prince and a palm left imprints on his face. The old king of Shivgarh had slapped his son leaving Uday Singh Chauhan aghast and Veerbhadra was angrier than ever.

Taking a deep breath, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput said, “”Do you know the implications of your reckless attitude? How could you send our soldiers disguised as dacoits in the rival kingdom?”

Veerbhadra stood motionless trying to recuperate from the slap he had received. The slap of his father had not only agonized the prince physically but had also traumatized him. Veerbhadra was feeling insulted after getting beaten by the king of his kingdom in front of his childhood friend. He glared at his father as he gulped his anger.

“How could you let eight royal guards die in the hands of the queen?”, the old king questioned his son who seemed to be too numb to react.

“After that you bought gemstones, jewels and royal dresses for the queen? How can you think that I will not know what you are doing? The merchant informed about the items you purchased, moron! What is going inside your filthy mind?”, the old king glared at his son as the king walked towards his royal chair and sat with his right leg over the left one.

Veerbhadra chuckled devilishly and said, “I am fulfilling the promise I made to you, the palace, the kingdom and the throne of Shivgarh”, leaving both of the men shocked.

Frustratingly, Veerbhadra rushed towards Uday Singh Chauhan and caught the collar of his royal shirt leaving Uday appalled.

Throttling the throat of the commander-in-chief of the army, the prince of Shivgarh glared at him with his bloodshot eyes dripping down venom. Squeezing his neck to choke him to death, Veerbhadra Singh Rajput said, “Why Uday? Why did you tell father?”

Uday choked as his eyes popped out of his sockets and his vision blurred. Pleading with his eyes, he squirmed gesturing Veerbhadra to leave him.
The king intervened and rescued the commander-in-chief of Rajputana army from the animalistic grip of his son who was behaving like a beast.

Uday coughed and sat as he gulped a glass of water down his throat and said, “Veer, because of you we lost the best men of our army. Moreover, if you want to take revenge, do it in the rightful way.”

Veerbhadra was panting hard as his hazel green eyes had lost their color and the face of his goldfish flashed in front of his mind. He was brought back to reality by the words of his father, “I want the truth, Veer. Tell me what all you have done?”

With his eyes bowed down in shame, Veerbhadra narrated his journey of revenge. He told his father about his failed plans and his future plans leaving the old king disgusted.

However, the experienced king smirked as he realized Veerbhadra’s attraction towards the beautiful queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore.

Uday, on the other hand, was disgusted at the mentality of his friend. Being a true friend, Uday wanted to pull back his friend to the right track but he sighed realizing the prince was blinded with anger.

The old king also noticed the wrongdoings of his son realizing that the queen did not deserve such illicit treatment at all. Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput wanted to slap his son hard and stop him but he remembered his son had taken a promise to fulfill revenge.

Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput knew it was impossible to make Veerbhadra step back so he came up with a strategy. Calmly, the king said, “Veer, why don’t you marry the queen? You will have the power and her status shall not degrade. Your promise will be kept”.

The guileful prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput laughed loudly as he said, “I want to crumble her arrogance. I want her to regret killing my grandfather. I know how to handle her.”

Before the king could revolt against his exasperated son, Veerbhadra signaled him to stop and said, “Father, trust me. I will not let you down.”

“Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput, I have given you the best upbringing. I taught you to respect the females. Think before you do anything. Be the pride of Shivgarh and don’t do any injustice to the queen.” Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput advised his son trying to warn him of the implications if he tried to the play with the queen’s innocence.

Veerbhadra, who was appalled at his father for slapping him because of the filthy queen of Vijaygarh, the famous Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was blinded with his lust for revenge.

Paying no heed to his father’s words, he chose to go back to his chambers but stopped in his tracks as he found his childhood friend, Uday Singh Chauhan saying, “Your highness! You are the future king of Shivgarh so think like a king”, voicing his thoughts.

Glaring at his friend angrily, Veerbhadra left the room leaving both the king and the commander-in-chief aghast by the prince’s lust towards revenge.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

Do nominate my book, Love and Redemption for the upcoming Sunshine Awards in historical fiction category.

Here's the link,

https://my.w.tt/7yJKNU2cr7

Plus, share your views about the chapter. This is something Veerbhadra deserved.

Please hit the 🌟 button and shower your love on this story with valuable votes and lovely comments.

Don't forget to nominate.

See you soon

Love you all
💜