5 || Facts

White sunbeams cut through the thick bundles of trees, making a way for light for the lost pair. Turns out, Gopal is very much familiar with the misty area, making the hunt for Yaya a little bit lighter for the friend in need. It isn't an exact, surreal experience for the two, but the silence helps them out a little bit.

The only noises are birds and their calls, that's what.

Gopal yells along with his new comrade. "Yaya? Yaya-girl-however-your-name-is...? Come out, come out, wherever you are!"

"Yaya...?" Ying cuffs her hands over her mouth.

"YAYA!" Gopal yells in a shrill voice.

He gets a hit in the back. "Woi, you're too noisy! Don't tear off my ears, if you please?"

They keep walking as they banter, forgetting the pawprints and only relying on their pure voices. "What? The louder I yell, the more she'll get to hear, okay?" Gopal says.

On the other end, Ying scrunches up her face. "Whatever. As long as we get to find her."

They pursue to march forward, taking random turns on forked paths. Ying continues looking side-to-side, while Gopal has his eyes up. Both of them are driven by their hunger to return before snow paves its way down.

Behind the smokey fog, Gopal's face twists at a sight. "Say, does your friend happen to be a pretty good climber?"

A weird question to ask, but Ying's eager to reply. "She's a decent climber, why?"

"And is she also a fan of sleeping in, I don't know, unearthly positions?"

"And why would you say that?"

"Because I don't think that's an owl by the tree there," Gopal says, pointing a finger to a branch of a faraway tree.

It didn't appear as an owl at all, and Ying's keen eyes can see that pretty vividly. Owls don't have a hanging leg, or brunette hair, or an oversized shirt.

Speed overcomes Ying first, then Gopal follows suit as they run towards the tall tree with, surprisingly, the sleeping Yaya on the branches.

"Yaya! Yaya, what in the flipping fuzzy rats are you doing up there?!" She doesn't keep her voice down even as Yaya blinks awake. She's quite furious.

Yaya wakes in the middle of the mist, disoriented. Yet at the sight of Ying's face, she softens. She's forgotten the fight. Her memories fade in her head, into nothing more than a mistake made. Sadly for her, Ying's temper still boils. "Ying!" She shouts. "Don't worry, I'm fine! I just- can't seem to get down, is all." She stares at her new company. "Is that another guy?!"

"Yes, yes, very funny, Yaya. Get down, would you? Like, can't you jump?"

"Uh...Now I look at it, I'd rather not?"

"Then why did you even get up there if you ain't getting down, you blasted-?!"

Yaya braces her arms. "Well, there was a man! Though, he was stuck in some vines, so I thought of helping-"

Gopal and Ying search above, looking for whatever vines Yaya was talking about. "What- Vines? Who's stuck again?"

Now there are twigs swooshing overhead, as if something heavy is falling from the sky. Vines tear apart, twigs snap upon the humongous landing.

Something slams to the floor. Rather, someone. A man camouflaged to the pale green grass.

Ying stares at the pathetic landing, in distaste and utter cringe. Gopal doesn't bother. Only one thought echoes in him. Wow, you call that a man?