[Chapter XIII]

You weren't going to stop until you made it home. It was too much of a risk to take breaks or stay out in the open where anyone can see you. Instead of letting Garnet keep his own pace, he was sprinting. You just wanted to get home as soon as possible. You'll have to apologize to him later for pushing him so hard.

The sun was already almost down when you left Kakariko so now you were traveling in the dark under the stars and moon. It didn't matter, you were technically there anyways. You were upset by the timing your family wanted to find. You didn't even know why they were trying so hard after 5 years.

'Whatever, I'll fight back with everything I got. There's no way I'm going back.' You thought out determined with your decision. You make your way to the village not slowing down until you made it to Impaz. You jumped off Garnet making your way to the door. You opened it about to aware them of there presence but stopped when you heard them talking in the distance. You stood by the door eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Also did you hear that the reward has double, whoever finds the princess gets forty-thousand rupees." You can tell that it was Jarvis who was speaking.

"I don't know what I would do if my children went missing." Impaz said in a sad tone.

"Not missing just ran away."

"Still, they must've done something horrible in order for her to runaway from home."

"The kid probably thought that she could do whatever she wants or something." Jarvis said annoyance in his voice. Him saying that hurt your heart a little. It gotten worse when he continues what he was saying. "I mean what kind of child would runaway from home, that's just a pretty stupid thing to do if you ask me."

"People have their reasons Jarvis." Impaz said in her calm tone.

"But if your child runaway why bother with bringing them back."

"Jarvis don't say another word. How can you say something like that." Impaz said shocked by the words that came out of his mouth.

You were heartbroken that he would say something like that. You went back outside closing the door lightly before grabbing Garnets reigns and guiding him into the stable. Once you put him into one of the stalls, you sat down on the floor right next to him. You didn't want to listen to their conversation any longer, and forget about telling them the truth. You knew it, their was only a handful of people you can trust in this world. Apparently you can't trust the ones you call family.

You scoff with a painful smile on your face. You brought the back of your hand up to your face as you felt a tear fall down your face. You couldn't believe that Jarvis would say something like that. The most caring person in the world, would say that about a child? Of all people, you thought Jarvis would be the most understanding. 

You hugged your knees up to your chest, and set your head on your knees. ' It seems no matter where I am, I'm always alone.' When your mind was set to that mind thought, Garnet snorted to get your attention. You turned your head towards him giving him a sad smile. "But at least your with." You said quietly to him. Your smile left when your thoughts took over again. 'No matter where I am, I don't belong anywhere in this world.'

"[F/n]? What are you doing in here?" You looked over to the door to see Jarvis at the entrance of the door. You only gave him a shrug not in the mood to talk to anyone. Jarvis understood this and walked over to you.

"Come on, you should go inside and rest. It almost midnight." He said about to grab your arm. Before he can grab you, you pushed his hand away. He gave you a confused look on why you would react like that.

"I can get up myself." You snapped at him before you quickly got up.

"Did I do something wrong?" Jarvis asked concerned by the way you were acting.