𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

"I'm hungry, want to go to the cafeteria with me, Max?"

"Eh? Ah, sure. I'm also getting hungry, to be honest." I said, trying to talk less awkwardly but I can't help it! I am too nervous talking with someone who is extroverted unlike me!

Joel left me with Zack and we walked back inside the building to look around. Being with someone in the same age is sure get me nervous. I am only get used with Maddox and Kou only.

I also notice by standing beside him. He's a lot taller than me even though we are the same age and well, I did expected that, of course. I am kinda jealous of his genes. He must have his father's genes.

"Hm?" In my point of view, I can see sunflowers in the middle of the garden, gathering in one place. This is my first time seeing one in person. I heard that it was hard to plant sunflowers but its sure stand tall very well.

"Max, what's wrong?" I snapped out from my thoughts and turned my head to Zack who appears to be closer to my face. I squealed by surprise and get steps backward from him. "What are you getting close to me all of the sudden?!" I am shocked by his closeness

Zack laughs at my weird face that I am making right now. His lips are making a big grin which it shows his teeth. "That's because you are not pay attention to me!" He said simply.

Uwah, what's with that sentences? It's almost like a boyfriend would say to their lovers. But Zack is still young to get a girlfriend yet. Well, he's far too innocent to know that, haha.

Looking back at the sunflowers, Zack follows my gaze toward it.

"Ah, the sunflowers! I'm glad it's growing very well!" I blinked my eyes, trying to think what to ask next. "Did you plant that?" I asked.

He turned his head to me. "Yup! My mom is a gardener so she teaches me how to plant! Since it's summer, I thought I should plant some sunflowers for everyone to see...." slowly his gaze get lowered. "But I don't think anyone would interested on flowers as much as me." He said, scratching his cheek as he's feeling awkward.

Ah, that look of his looks so familiar to me for some reason.

I unconsciously grabs his hand. "Eh?" My eyes blinking in confusion, asking myself why am I holding his hand so suddenly. I bit my inner cheek while trying to think what to do with this. My eyes gazed back at the sunflowers again. I raised my head to see his confused face. "Let's go over there!" I told him as I brings him with me toward the sunflowers.

I immediately let go of his hand and crouch down as I can feel the heats from my face. Crap, the heat from the sun itself is burning my skin as soon as I stepped out from the side.

"Why is so hot today...?" I muttered quietly.

I raise my head and just stare at the beautiful sunflower. "But at least, the sunflowers are blooming well." I smiled.

Zack crouched down as well beside me. "Y'know, my mom and I are fans of sunflowers so that's why we are so excited to planted sunflowers for this summer. I can't wait next year of summer as well!" He told me with cheerfully smile.

And he's smiling again. I'm glad.

"I don't do much of gardening but I do like flowers though." Well, dad never interested on gardening in the first place. He is more like builder like he made treehouse for Kou. That's because Dad somehow has bad luck in the forest even though we lives in the middle of the forest, faraway from the town.