CHAPTER SEVEN: THE BATHTUB

"Holy shit. Do they-." River started to panic, as she watched Lucas jump down. He was already panicking.

"Let's go! Let's go!" Lucas yelled out, before River sent a nod and jumped down as well, she didn't land like Lucas did, she kind of fell, and it would've been funny if they weren't in that certain situation. But she got up, quickly, and the two started to bike extremely fast.

"Mike!" She yelled into her walkie talkie that she taped to her bike, just as Lucas showed her to. "Mike!" She yelled once again, waiting for a response, her voice cracked as she yelled louder.

"Son of a bitch!" Lucas yelled, in between pants as the two friends both glanced at each other, both with worried expressions across their faces.

"Mike, can you hear me?!" She shouted, keeping her eyes on the road, and she got a quick response that was barely understandable over the static, Mike was breaking up.

"Lucas thinks they know about El! Something about the bad men, I think they're going to get her. The bad men are going to get her!" River continued to shout as she tried to keep up with Lucas, who was ahead and he turned back, gesturing forward, before yelling out.

"Tell them to meet us on Elm and Cherry!" He instructed, while River nodded, closing her eyes slightly because of the pressure from the wind.

"Elm and Cherry!" She shouted into the walkie one last time before continuing to bike, and finally she had caught up to Lucas.

After a few minutes of biking as fast as they could, making them both feel like their legs would easily fall off after this, they had met up with the other three again, and Mike's eyes had widened.

"Go! Go!" River yelled, glancing back to see that they were pretty close, the vans.

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Shit!" Dustin panicked, as Mike looked around frantically, yet continued to bike as fast as he could, while El held onto him.

"Faster!" Mike screamed out, as River felt herself growing more and more worried by the second. It was like nothing could get worse than this, she was confused, super confused, she wasn't even in in half of the discussing so hell knows the actual reason all of this is happening.

But the whole nothing could get worse than this statement was clearly wrong, when yet another white had had pulled in front of them.

And it didn't stop, that was the craziest part, the van continued to drive towards the kids, who continued to bike. Who the hell would intentionally drive towards a group of kids in hopes of running them all over.

"Shit, I think i'm gonna scream. I'm gonna scream. I'm gonna scream!" She spoke up in a worry, growing louder with each sentence as Dustin glanced towards her, his face completely worried.

"YOU ALREADY ARE DAMN IT." He had yelled out, causing River to shut her mouth and only look forward at the van, before seeing it flip.

"What the hell!?" River muttered, in shock as she turned to see that El was the one who had flipped it.

Yes, El had flipped the van. It was crazy, it didn't even feel real, but the relief was huge. Though they were all in very much shock, that didn't stop them from biking, to find themselves heading to the junkyard.

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

"This is Randolph road, right here." Lucas drew a line, next to a stick he had placed to help the three that hadn't seen the lab understand. "It goes all the way around, and this is the lab, right here. The gates gotta be there, it's gotta be." he explained, placing down a van in the middle of them, before sending everyone looks.