15.

Mitch
2 days later

Scrolling my phone as I smoked a well needed blunt, I looked at all the dumb ass shit Zuria was posting on Instagram. A bunch of quotes about loving herself and how niggas ain't shit. I couldn't help but to laugh as people in the comments ate that shit up like I was really doing something wrong to her.

This shit was taking me to the next level and she wasn't doing nothing but making it worse.

"I know you're not serious, Mitchell." I heard my mama say, making me sigh deeply as the smoke lingered through the air and I tried swiping it away before she walked in the living room.

"You're smoking in my house now?" She went on and I put my blunt behind my ear as soon as she came in the room.

I was not in the mood for the bullshit.

"I ain't smokin' mama." I shrugged it off and she scoffed, shaking her head.

"So the smoke just came out of nowhere, Mitchell?"

"You're in your mother's house, your daughter is upstairs sleeping and this is what you do?" She went on and on as I sat there looking at her.

"Hmph."

"I don't know how Zuria put up with it for as long as she did." She went onto say and I quickly stood to my feet to leave out.

I was supposed to be here, talking to her about what the fuck I could do to get Z back and here she was throwing the shit in my face.

"I'm out, man. Y'all be trippin'." I said, just tryna get out of here before I snapped out on her and I wasn't tryna go there with my mama.

"Oh, I'm tri-pping?" She jolted her head back, still going.

"Yeah, you trippin' ma." I spat back.

"Sittin' there taking her side as usual." I snapped, feeling like a bad nigga when all I was tryna do was make this shit right. They was all crucifying me because of my past. Something I did six years ago.

"Listen, I'm not taking any one's side. I just understand where the girl is coming from." She shrugged and lord knows I was tired of hearing that shit. Everybody seemed to know where Z was coming from but ain't nobody get where I was coming from.

"Look, if she ain't want to be with me and she knew she wasn't gon' ever forgive me then she should've left then."

"Why waste my time? Ten years, bro." I went on, angrily.

"And I think you're right about that but just because she didn't then and she's deciding to now doesn't make her a bad person. She reserves the right, son."

"You put her through a lot and you need to understand that. I'm your mama and I love you but I have to tell you when you're wrong and right now, you're wrong."

"Man.." I smacked my lips.

"Fuck that shit. I ain't tryn' hear that." I snapped, walking out and slamming the door behind me. I was tired of everybody taking her side.

It'd been two days since she walked out on me and my moms and her moms both thought what she was doing was cool. Nobody gave a fuck about my feelings.

*
An hour later

"Yo, boss man." The homie, Pablo, called as I sat in the chair getting a line up in the shop.

"Yo, nigga." I waved him off, not in the mood for nothing right now.

I couldn't even hide my anger no more. I was trying my hardest not to call Zuria or find out where she was and go off on her. I was trying to give her the space that she claimed she needed but I can't lie, all this shit was taking a toll on me.

"Yo, bro. I know you gon' through some shit right now but it's important." Pablo went on, making me look at him with dead eyes and I could tell by the look on his face something was up.

"What yo?" I asked, still sitting there.

"Might want to step into your office." He nodded his head toward my office and I sat there while he walked away.

"Man, hold on." I told the homie lining my shit as I stood to my feet and made my way to my office.

"Yo. What's up? We got another problem?" I spat, walking in and he looked at me, shaking his head.

"Nah. Nothing like that bro."

"I just know you gon' through some shit with your shawty right now." He went onto say, making me furrow my eyebrows.

"Yeah? How you know that?" I asked, leaning against the door.

"Bitches in the hood talking crazy about it.." He trailed off and I shrugged. That was expected considering Z was posting dumb ass quotes on Instagram, basically telling everybody in the old hood our business.

"Plus me and the homies was in the club the other night and we saw her there."

"The club?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows and he nodded.

"Hell yeah, nigga. Her and some bad ass bitch she was with."

"Hm." I ran my hands through my beard. I didn't know nothing about this.

"So whats up?" I bucked.

"Whatchu know somethin'?" I asked, confused where this information was going.

"Man, look.." He trailed off, hesitating.

"I don't want you to shoot the messenger. I was just there and I saw that shit and you the homie so I gotta speak up and say something."

"Feel me?" He asked and I nodded slowly, waiting for this information.

"Man.." He trailed off again like he was scared or something.

"So you gon' tell me or you gon' keep bitching bro?" I asked, tired of the run around and he sighed deeply, looking down at the floor.

"Long story short, I seen your shawty kiss one of the homies when we was in the club." He went onto say and I stood there, taken back.

"Fuck you just say to me, blood?"

*