- nine : thoughts

[ hinata shoyo ]

⋆⋆⋆

Hello! This is Hinata Shōyō! I was chosen specially to narrate this chapter by our amazing Author-chan!

[ author-chan: thank u, sho <3 ]

Of course! Anyway, we're are currently at Kageyama-kun's house to study. Makoto came along because she said didn't want to go home without me, but I think she just doesn't wanna walk all the way back home. Yamaguchi tagged along because he wanted to study a bit more for the upcoming tests.

Surprisingly, Tsukishima ended up following after Makoto called him. Before, he'd go home without even considering the idea. I think our friendship is really changing him!!

"What the hell are you doing? Get inside, boke." Kageyama muttered, shooting me a pointed glare as he roughly shoved me through the doorway. I stumbled, flashing him a brief look of disbelief.

"Bakageyama!" I grumbled, stomping off to his room with Makoto on my trail. Once I arrived at his room, I threw myself on his bed and inhaled his familiar scent.

"Are you and blueberry really friends?" Makoto asked as she plopped on the side of the bed beside me. My face heated up with embarrassing, finally realizing that I wasn't alone. "Seems like you're real comfortable here."

I could practically hear the smirk in her voice as she spoke. Rolling over on my side, I pouted up at Makoto who smirked down at me. "I-Uh- have nothing to say."

"That's what I thought." Makoto mumbled as she moved off the bed, sitting beside Tsukishima on the floor. "I'm surprised you came along, Kei."

"Why?" The blond asked Makoto, raising an eyebrow in her direction. I listened from the bed, watching them interact with one another.

Ever since Makoto came back, I've had this thought in the back of my head. As much as I try to ignore it, these two always make the thought return.

Something's up with these two. I thought as I furrowed my brows in thought. I don't know what it is, but it's something!

Makoto shrugged, bumping shoulders with Tsukishima. "I don't know. You don't seem like the type to agree to these kinds of things. Besides, don't you hate Tobiuo?"

"Stop calling me that!" Kageyama yelled from another room, eliciting a laugh from everyone in his room.

"I don't necessarily hate the King. Hate is a strong word." Tsukishima said as he fixed his glasses that sat in the bridge of his nose. "I just strongly dislike him."

An amused look crossed Makoto's expression as she laughed softly, hitting Tsukishima's arm lightly. "You came to bother Tobi-kun? Me too."

"I just wanted to study. I'm not a nitwit, like you." Tsukishima said, pulling out his books from his bag. Makoto did the same, chuckling to herself.

I watched them talk with a soft expression. Makoto looks so...happy? All because of that stingy beanpole?

"Here." I perked up, looking over at Tsukishima as he handed Makoto an object. A small gasp escaped her lips as she held the object in her two hands.

"Thanks, Kei." Makoto grinned, unwrapping the small candy Tsukishima pulled out of his bag. She popped it into her mouth, sighing with delight when the candy melted in her mouth.

"I want one!" I cried out, extending my hand over to Tsukishima. The stingy blond went from a neutral look to throwing me a side-glare.

"Tch." Tsukishima scoffed, passive-aggressively throwing the candy at my forehead. "Annoying shrimp."

"That's rude!" I grumbled with the candy in my mouth, pointing a finger at Tsukishima. "You're such a prick to everyone except Makoto, you biased beanpole!"

"That's not true." Tsukishima refutes, pointing over at Yamaguchi who was just watching amusedly. "I'm less of a prick to Yamaguchi."

"Yup!"

"No one asked you, Yamaguchi!" I cried, trying to prove my point right, but failed because everyone in the room is complicated. "Seriously, you treat Makoto differently from everyone else!"

"How?"

"Maybe because you make fun of me 24/7? More than anyone else, that is." Makoto answered, taking this as a playful conversation. I want to rip my hair out.

"No!" I jumped off of the bed, snatching Makoto by her wrist and yanking her out the door. She awkwardly followed along, being dragged forcefully to the kitchen where Kageyama stood with a carton of milk at his lips. "Kageyama-kun, don't you think Makoto has a crush on Tsukishima?! Or Tsukishima has a crush on Makoto?!?"

My whisper-shouts came out as something funny to Makoto who giggled, earning her a small smack on the shoulder. "Seriously, Makoto! Do you like him or something?"

Makoto tapped her chin, frowning slightly. "What does it mean to like someone? I, uh, don't really know."

Both Kageyama and I looked at each other then looked at her. "You've never had a crush before?! How do you not know?!"

"Eh," Makoto shrugged softly, "Dad was pretty strict about my studies, so I focused on that more than love and stuff."

"Well," I looked at Kageyama who was struggling to put his feelings into words. "You, uhm, feel funny around them. You always wanna be near them, and you feel sad when you're away from them. When you see them down, you wanna make them happy. You just wanna be with them all the time and be the reason why they're happy."

Makoto and Kageyama stood there, speechless from my words. I immediately flushed red, embarrassed about my gushing.

"Well, I don't think that's how I feel about Tsukishima. I don't really understand what you're talking about." Makoto admitted sheepishly, scratching the back of her head gently. I instantly patted her shoulder, reassuring her that it was okay to feel that way.

"Though I really think you like Tsukishima." I mumbled, following Makoto back to the room with Kageyama in tow. She simply shrugged, taking her seat beside Tsukishima who was busy scribbling away in his notebook.

"It's a surprise she's never liked anyone." Kageyama muttered quietly as he took a seat beside me on the bed. I nodded, staring at Makoto with wide eyes of disbelief.

"She's so cool! Everyone here is in love with her! People were bound to like her in Okinawa." I exclaimed quietly, eyeing Makoto who chatted away with Tsukishima and Yamaguchi.

"Oi," Tsukishima called out, making my body go stiff. He and Makoto turned around, eyeing me and Kageyama with thin eyes. "What're you doing?"

"Eh?"

"You dunce-faces need to study the most." Makoto deadpanned, shooting them a flat look that made both of them go stiff.

"I-I know, Makoto."

Well, that about wraps up this chapter. I am going to investigate more with these two, but I will definitely report back to you if I find out anything good! See you guys next time!

Bye!!

[ a/n : this chapter was, like, made on a whim bc i wanted to change things up a bit, so why not use a different POV? hope it wasn't too bad ahaha ]