Chapter Twenty One ~ Tomato Face

Chapter Twenty-One ~ Tomato Face

Last time on TDIMG...Ava had just received a phone call from the hospital after her "Date" with Cooper where he revealed what happened in his past when his dad died. Grace is pregnant with Braxton's baby but Braxton does not know yet.

PLEASE IGNORE ANY GRAMMAR MISTAKES, MY BRAIN LACKS IN THE GRAMMAR DEPARTMENT.

ALSO I HAVEN'T REALLY FIXED THIS UP AS MUCH AS I WOULD LIKE TOO BUT I FIGURED YOU GUYS MIGHT LIKE SOMETHING GOOD BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS AGAIN SOOOO HERE YOU GO 

Ava Chance

My hands shook as I spoke on my phone. With all the possible thoughts on what could have happened I was having a hard time actually concentrating on what the person was saying to me.

"Hello? Is this Ava?"

"Huh, y-yeah I'm here." I stuttered, snapping out of my thoughts while pushing the hair that had fallen onto my face behind my ear.

"Ava, do you think you could come down to the hospital so we can speak to you directly?" What appeared as a nurse said.

"Is my grandma okay?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion while Cooper eyed at me with confusion and concern laced in his eyes.

"Yes, so far she is fine but I would rather explain the situation in person." The nurse said in a polite matter, much better than the one I had last checkup. "I can assure you she isn't hurt."

"Okay." I paused, nodding to myself. "I'll be down as soon as possible." I was ready to hang up but surprised myself when I did again. "Tell my Grandma I love her and I'm on my way please."

"Of course." And with that I had hung up, meeting Cooper's worried eyes.

"What happened?" Cooper asked immediately with dread clear in his voice.

Looking at Cooper I knew if one of us had to be the calm one, it had to be me. He hadn't even heard what happened yet and he was running his hands through his hair as if his life depended on it and rubbing his face as if he just developed a very bad rash.

I guess it would have been easier just to say there was stress written all over his face by his actions.

"Ava!" He snapped me from my thoughts. "This is not the time to be daydreaming."

"I'm sorry!" Throwing my hands up in defense. "And my gran is in the hospital, I need to go see her." Brushing past him I began to speed walk to my home.

"So where are you going?"

"To my house." I yelled behind me before I began to run home.

"What about the hospital?" He said closer than before, making me suspect he was running after me.

My house was now barely two houses down and both he and I could see that my grans car was not at the house.

"Hm?" Cooper asked again. "How you going to get there?"

I wanted to growl at him. "I don't know." I said deflated instead. "I'll take the bus."

"You don't even know where any bus stops are, never the less the times." He pushed.

"I'll figure it out."

"It'll take hours to even get to the hospital from the bus."

"So what do you want me to say?!" I yelled at him with frustration. "You don't think I realize my gran could be dying or something awful, because trust me, I know and I'm terrified but it doesn't help when I have you constantly reminding me."