𝔔𝔲𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔞𝔦𝔯𝔢

𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡𝗔𝗜𝗥𝗘
𖣔𖣘𖣔

ONCE THEY HAD EXPLAINED THE SITUATION TO THE OTHERS, they all decided they needed someone to speak to the girl in order to get her to help them and convince the king to let them stay longer. When Rourke volunteered Milo for the mission, (Name) decided she would stay to help them out.

''Listen, Milo, there's something you should know-'' (Name) said and Milo turned towards her with a happy smile, waiting for her to continue. (Name) faltered upon seeing how content he was at the moment. She was about to tell him but a hand wrapped around the back of her head and covered her mouth. Her attackers second hand went to Milo's. They both squirmed, trying to get away.

''I have some questions for you, and you are not leaving this city until they are answered.'' (Name) recognised the voice as the girl and relaxed ever so slightly.

And that was how they got here, climbing up a mountain, following a girl they didn't even know the name of. (Name) could not figure out the landscape of the place for the sake of her, one minute they were climbing up a huge mountain, the next they were standing on a fish statue, then on solid ground.

The girl helped (Name) down, and she smiled, thankful. ''You are a scholar, are you not?'' she asked, turning to Milo. ''Judging from your diminished physique and large forehead, you are suited for nothing else.''

(Name) tried not to giggle, but she couldn't help but smile at the girl's words.

The Atlantean then turned on her. ''And you, you must work as some sort of doctor, no? Your hands are soft and your fingers are long, you are suited for stitching and caring about people.''

''Well, yeah, but I prefer to work with animals,'' (Name) said, smiling slightly as she stared at her hands, examining them.

''What is you country of origin? When did the flood waters recede?'' She grabbed Milo's glasses and put them on, looking around.

''Can't see,'' Milo muttered, squinting as the canvas of blobs in front of him, all the colours merging together.

(Name) laughed, grabbing the glasses back with a warm smile and turning to Milo. She placed them on for him and he blinked, not expecting her face to be so close to his. (Name) smiled before turning back to the girl, trying to answer as many quick fire questions as she could. Milo blinked again, snapping out of his trance-like state as he caught up with the girls.

''We have questions for you as well,'' Milo cut in, stopping (Name) from answering whether or not they had machines to protect their kings and queens. ''So, lets do this, okay? You ask one, then I'll ask one and so on.''

''Very well,'' the girl said. ''What is your first question?''

Milo turned to (Name) and she smiled at his excitement, nodding to tell him he could ask first. He smiled before turning back to the Atlantean. ''Well, okay, uh... How did you get here? Well, I mean, not you personally, but your...''

''Your culture, your people,'' (Name) cut in, placing her hand on Milo's shoulder to stop him from rambling.

''It is said that the Gods became jealous of Atlantis,'' she said, turning around to begin to climb again, the two followed her. ''They sent a great cataclysm and banished us here. All I can remember is the sky going dark, people shouting and running. Then, a bright light, like a star floating above the city. My father said it called my mother too it. I never saw her again.''

''I'm sorry,'' (Name) said.

''If it's any consolation, I know how you feel cause I lost my - wait a minute. Wait a minute! Whoah, hold on!'' Milo said, shaking his hands before holding his hands up in a time-out position. ''What are you telling us? You remember because you were there?''

(Name) blinked, only just picking up on the fact. ''That would make you, you know, somewhere between eight thousand and five hundred to eight thousand and eight hundred years old!''

''Yes.''

Milo was so shocked, he forgot how to form words and became awkward again. ''Oh, well, pfft, hey. Looking good.'' (Name) laughed loudly, her head tilting backwards and Milo smiled slightly, his cheeks flaming up in embarrassment. ''Uh, you got a question for us?''

''Yes. How is it that you found your way to this place?''

''Well, I tell ya, it wasn't easy. If it weren't for this book, we never would have made it,'' Milo said, the girl grabbing thr journal the instant he pulled it out of his bag.

''Okay, second question: legend has it that your people possessed some kind of power source that enabled them-''

''Milo,'' (Name) whispered, placing her hand on his chest to stop him. He looked down at her, confused, only to see she was watching their newest friend. ''Hey, what's wrong?'' She said soflty, placing a hand on the girls shoulder carefully. The second she made contact, the girl whipped around.

''You mean, you can understand this?''

''Yes, I'm a linguist, it's what I do, that's my job,'' Milo said dismissively. He tried to continue with his question but the girl forced the book into his face.

''This. Right here. You can read this?''

''Yes, yes, I can read Atlantean, just like you,'' Milo said, moving the book back towards her. The girl stared at the writing on the pages. ''You can't, can you?''

''No one can. Such knowledge has been lost to us since the time of the Mehbelmok.'' (Name) frowned sadly at the mention of the great flood and she looked around, trying to spot any seaweed.

''Show me.''

(Name) nodded excitedly. ''Me too!''

♡︎♡︎♡︎

Hey guys! Last one of the day.
After this I should be back to the regular one every other day routine. But, as always, spam the comments if I forget, because knowing me, that's definitely gonna a happen sooner rather than later.