-89-

-Jae-Christmas 2024

-Jae-
Christmas 2024

"You may now kiss the bride," the priest said. Zavon and I met each other halfway into a kiss.

When we pulled away, we thanked the priest before we grabbed Aiden in his car seat and left the church.

We just got married. It was Christmas Day and we just thought 'why not?' Even though nobody was there to witness it go down, we still cherished every moment of the whole 15 minutes we were there.

"Ima get us a bigger wedding one day. We finna invite everybody, our parents, our friends and probably some fans," Zay said to me as we drove home.

"That's not necessary tho," I told him.

"Nah, right now, we only did it cause we couldn't wait to call each other husband and wife. But later, we finna do it so people can know we call each other husband and wife and we finna take a nice stress free honeymoon."

"Whatever you say boo."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I glanced down at the new ring I got on my finger. God, please bless this marriage...let it end well.

Anyways, when we made it back home, Natalie and Jabari and John and Amber was waitin up front. They each had something in hand.

"What y'all doin here?" Zavon asked them as he carried Aiden.

"We heard y'all got married so we wanted to come over and celebrate," Natalie said with a wide smile.

I shook my head while giggling. "How'd y'all find out?"

"Girl, we not dumb. And girl, you bad at lying," Natalie said.

"I ain't lie bout nothin th-"

"Niggas, lets take this inside," John intervened.

We all went inside and then we all immediately went to the breakfast room.

"Why y'all not spending Christmas wit y'all family?" Zay asked. Everybody put whatever they had in their hands down on the table.

"Sis, is all this food?" I quietly asked Natalie.

"Duh. We brought two whole containers of lasagna."

"Oh," I looked down at her stomach that was slightly big already. "How you feelin?"

"I'm good...We finding out the genders tomorrow."

"Watchu hopin for?"

"A boy and a girl..."

"Well, fingers crossed."

I went to Zay and retrieved my baby boy who was very much wide awake. He was 4 months and 2 weeks old.