˗ˋ 14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH A SCRATCH CREATES AN ISSUE

. . .

Remus woke up the next day in the hospital wing, as the midday light streamed through the curtains that hung from the tall windows of the hospital wing. He soon recognised the familiar aching pain shooting through his body and held back a groan.

It took him a moment to fully open his eyes, and push himself up on the bed. It was the same after every full moon. The same missing memories, the foggy mind after he woke up. The new scratches up his hands and forearms, the dull ache that spread through his whole body.

"Good morning. Or afternoon. I'm not sure. It's lunch though, so I guess happy lunch." A voice said beside him, and Remus looked over to see Tiger sat on the only other bed in the area sectioned off by the curtains which Madame Pomfrey always set up for him.

Closing the transfiguration book that was balanced on her lap, Tiger swung her legs over the side of the bed, so she was sat on the side.

"The boys are getting you some lunch. They left me to make sure you didn't wake up and shoot out of bed. Althought I'm pretty sure you won't be doing that any time soon." Tiger smiled slightly.

"Why do you look so happy." Almost instantly Remus knew the attitude was something that had changed drastically between the past few days and last night. "And is that a bandage on your arm? Tiger I-"

"Don't over exert yourself, Rem." Tiger stood up. "Madame Pomfrey left some of that medicine that they use for pain. I'll go get you some water so you can get the taste out of your mouth. I know how nasty it can be."

"But-" Remus stopped as Tiger almost pranced out of the curtained off area, the two purple pigtails on the sides of her head bouncing with every step. If he wasn't in so much pain, he would have questioned how Tiger knew it tasted so bad - seeing as it was used for the sort of pain which he was in - intense.

She arrived back with a glass of water in a couple of minutes, sitting back down on the bed and taking the cap off of the medicine and pouring it into a seperate cup.

"Why do you have a bandage on your arm?" Remus asked, as soon as he had washed the taste out of his mouth by downing the glass of water.

"Funny story, and well to put it shortly, neither you nor your friends could stop me from coming out last night. So I went out." Tiger shrugged. "You need more medicine? Pomfrey mentioned if you did need it you could have it."

"Did I do it?" Remus's voice was a lot more quiet as he interrupted Tiger's attempt to distract him through the means of the pain medicine. Instantly Tiger fell quiet, which meant to Remus that it was him, he had done what he feared he would do.

He groaned, and another shooting pain travelled around his body. Tiger instantly shot to her feet, trying to say something but it came out in stutters and she couldn't say it and just stopped.

"So you're telling me-." Remus's voice began to raise. At that point, Sirius, James and Peter burst through the curtains into the room, and both of the cousins turned to look at them.

"I'm gonna go. We can talk about it later Rem, you just get better ok?" Tiger said, grabbing her book and walking over to the three boys, smiling a little as she did. "Sirius? Can we talk for a second?" She asked, and Sirius nodded, following her out.