Chapter 53: LAURA

Just as I was going to lie down and give my head some rest because of the excruciating pain in my head, I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said weakly.

It was George. Took him long enough didn't it. I turned away from him.

"I am so sorry Laura," he said as soon as he stepped in.

"Really George? Didn't expect this selfishness from you," I replied bitterly not acknowledging his apology. What is he apologizing for honestly? His idiocy or mine?

"Look I know I shouldn't have down that I am so sorry as soon as I learnt about your new reports I came as fast as I can." He said looking at me. I didn't meet his eyes.

"Laura? Please," he pleaded.

"I don't wanna go," I said giving in. Fighting with him right now isn't the right thing to do. Honestly I don't even have the energy left to do it.

"Who said you are going anywhere?"

"No! I am serious I want to stay here with-with you and Lynn and Dad and Mom and Olivia and everyone else," I said hiccupping well aware that there are too many ands in the sentence.

"Shh... don't think anything negative you are going to stay here with all of us... okay?" I nodded but broke into tears the next second.

"Why are you crying again?" George asked clearly confused.

"It's okay Laura." George said when I did not reply him.

"I don't want to go," I cried back.

"You will not go anywhere,"

This just made me cry even harder.

"I am so scared of what might happen next, I don't wanna... die," I said as I put my head in my hands.

"Don't say that," George said as he hugged and me and I don't know for how long but I cried there until I could no more.

...

George went back at around one in the morning after our fifth game of chess. He made my mood shift drastically. I am more... contended now than I was a few hours ago.

...

When I woke up the next morning Lynn. Mom and Dad were peering down on me as if I am some kind of an alien.

 Mom and Dad were peering down on me as if I am some kind of an alien

(Lol sorry I had to)

"What?" I asked rubbing my eyes.

"Oh nothing nothing... how are you feeling now?"

Honestly what kind of a question is that? I am so tired of answering them.

"Better," I said simply.

"Well Lynn wanted to tell something," mom said making the expression that she herself does not know anything about the matter.

"Yea?" I said.

"Okay listen to me I know it sounds absurd but just give it a though... okay? All of you," she started.

"Okay," we all said in unison.

"So nobody interrupts me, as we all know I am obviously not getting alright. So there is no reason to be hopeful anymore. I don't want Laura to suffer like this so I wanted to help her," she started honestly I have no idea where this is going.

"As we all know that there isn't a match for Laura or can a heart donation can be made on such a short notice. Nobody knows about me and what will happen to me. I am in a lot of pain and it would forever be a favor if you guys can give the permission to stop it. If I don't survive as the chances are kinda high I would like to make my last wish,"

"I want to donate my heart to Laura,"

Did you guys think that this was going to happen or was it a shock? ;)

Vote, Comment, Add and Follow!