Chapter 12

Ethan Blythe had been ignoring me all week. Normally this would have been a good thing, but I couldn't help but feel incredibly disappointed. It all started after I asked him that stupid question in our game. All I had asked him was, 'What are you most afraid of?'

I had no idea the question would upset him so much otherwise I never would have asked him. I wonder why he was so nervous to answer.

 Ever since that day he hasn't spoken one word to me, he had dropped me home in complete silence and he's literally NEVER quiet. 

I have been complaining excessively to my friends all week who were starting to get annoyed with me.

"Why don't you just approach him and apologize or something?" May groaned in annoyance.

 All three of us were at our lockers and Ethan was just across the corridor exchanging the books at his locker. His back was to me, and I couldn't stop my eyes from admiring the defined muscles of his back through his t-shirt. I had been looking at him for a while now and was trying to pluck up the courage to go over and talk to him. 

"No, I can't, and I have nothing to apologize for," I snapped stubbornly, as I forced myself to look away from him.

 "Yes, you can. I'm so fed up of hearing you whine about him. Ethan hates me. Ethan is so weird. Why is he so annoying?" May said imitating me in a high-pitched voice. 

Why does everyone keep imitating my voice? I sound nothing like that!

As much as I tried to resist, my eyes slowly drifted back over to stare across at Ethan again. I was contemplating doing as May had said and just as I was about to go over, Ethan closed his locker and turned around to face me. 

His startling blue eyes immediately locked on mine and he froze in place, clearly not expecting me to be right behind him. The tension built up around us as we just stared at each other, waiting for the other to say something. 

Finally, I opened my mouth to begin my apology. "I'm Sorr..." was all I got out before I shut my mouth in shock, as he rudely brushed past me and walked away before I could finish.

 I just stared at his back in bafflement, shocked by his determination to avoid me. 

"He'll get over it eventually Mia," Chloe said kindly, in an attempt to comfort me. 

"It's fine. I don't care anyway," I bit harshly. If he wanted to ignore me like a little brat, who was I to stop him? At least this way, I might finally be able to get some peace without him constantly annoying me. 

This was a good thing.

Just as we started to make our way to a new topic of conversation, a flamboyant girl named April came marching up to us.

 "Hey girls. How are you?" she said with an overly cheerful tone.

 She was one of those girls who liked to seem as though they were friends with everyone and she was also one of those typical girls who seemed to be obsessed with Ethan Blythe.

 "Hey, April. We're good, thank you." Chloe replied warmly. 

"I was just wondering if you girls wanted to come to a party I'm throwing tonight," April said handing us a paper with some details on it. 

I was quite shocked. April wasn't the type to be openly rude, but she also wasn't the type to invite just anyone to her party. Those parties were usually reserved for as cliché as it sounds the 'popular' kids. 

"Yeah, sure we'd love to come. Right guys?" said Chloe deciding to be the spokesperson for our group. 

May and I just nodded our heads politely not wanting to be rude.