Tyrion Lannister x reader- Pillow talk

His smell soothed your senses as you breathed him in. The warmth of his body against your own had always been a wonderful feeling to wake up to and had energised you for the day. You blinked against the sun that poured into the room. A satisfied hum reverberating through your body as you turned in bed and smiled at the sight of Tyrion watching you with a soft and loving expression. 

"Morning handsome." You mumbled whilst he reached out to tuck a strand of hair behind your ear. "did you have a nice sleep?" 

The birds sang their early morning songs and were carried along by a soft breeze that gently blew the sheer curtains in the room. Tyrion sighed in satisfaction, "I dreamt that Cersie's hair fell out and my father marched into court wearing a jesters outfit, so I slept amazingly."  

You chuckled. The sound sweeter to Tyrion than the birds. "Good, you can be a bit of an ass when you wake up on the wrong side of the bed." 

"Can I?" 

"Yes and you will let all of Westeros know with that sharp tongue of yours." Tyrion huffed a faux gasp of surprise as he put a hand to his chest. You grinned at him before moving in to plant a kiss on his lips, pecking your way over his jaw and his cheeks. 

"How was your sleep, my sweet?" Tyrion shuffled closer to you and opened his arms for you to place your head on his chest and curl into him. While he played with your hair, you almost purred in delight. 

Grumbling, you ran your hand over his stubble cheek, "I slept amazingly. Always seem to when you're here with me." 

Silence came. Not an uncomfortable silence where one would find any excuse to break it. It was the kind of silence that had always settled between you in the mornings. Just enjoying each others company. Appreciating the fact that out of all the people in Westeros, you two somehow found your way to each other. With that in mind, you sat up and trapped Tyrion as you placed your hands by his head. He looked up at you with a soft smile and reached up to stroke your cheek.

You leaned into his hand and whispered, "do you ever wonder what life would be like if we never met?"

Tyrion's hand stilled as he frowned. "My life would be very dull and I'd go half insane having to deal with my family alone." He ran his thumb over your lips and soon replaced it with a quick kiss. "It's best not to think of such things." 

"But we may have to think about the future and what happens if one of us...doesn't make it." Tyrion knew exactly where this was coming from. His sister and father would be overjoyed to see him dead, but they'd much prefer him to suffer first. Everyone in Kings Landing knew that the only way to truly break him was to hurt you. To take away his rock. His stability. It was because of this that Tyrion would often order Bronn to follow you at all hours of the day and though it was meant to put both minds at ease, it just made you more unsettled. Reminding you each day that there were powerful people who could easily have you dead on a whim.

Tyrion huffed deeply and pushed you to lay back before leaning over you. "Can we not speak of this? I'd much rather go back to our usual pillow talk." Once again he pecked you on the lips. "We can plot and scheme later. But right now, all I want is to have you all to myself before we have to attend to our duties." 

You were about to object, until Tyrion showed you that puppy eyed look you'd often fall for. A grumble escaped you as you ran a hand over your face, "fine! But we will talk of it soon." 

"Of course, my dear." Tyrion grinned your way and the pair of you laid in comfort, enjoying the morning before having to return to your duties.