9-TEEN (19)

7:29 pm kekekekekeek

"Jackson," Mark whispered in the living room. The couple sat on one of the loveseats while Junhui sat on the other. Jihyo laid on the floor with her phone in her hands, ignoring the movie that was playing.

Jackson let out a soft hum and Mark continued to watch Junhui smile, even when there was nothing to smile at. "Junhui's being weird."

"What do you mean? He looks normal."

"Idiot," Mark scoffed and hit his husband on the back of the head. "I guess I'll ask him about it later, since you're too blind to notice your son is smiling more than normal."

"Why is that such a problem-"

"It's not! But something happened, I just know it."

"Okay?"

x

"Wen Junhui!" Mark shouted once the movie ended. As expected, said male jumped out of his seat and sheepishly smiled at Mark. "What happened today?"

Junhui was confused and looked at Jackson who shrugged. "Huh?"

"Something happened. Tell me."

"Well, I talked to Jeongin."

"No, there's more."

"Uh... Nothing much? I met two of my soulma-"

"You met what."

The monotonous voice Mark used caused Jackson to fall off of the seat laughing and Jihyo curiously looked up.

"I met my soulmates? Or three of them?"

Jihyo silently clapped and went back to her phone while both fathers stared at Junhui and then his rings. Mark held his own hand against his mouth and started furiously slapping Jackson's thigh, even going as far as shoving him onto the ground again.

"Mar-"

"He's so grown up, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. I'm gonna cry. Jihyo, get the fuck off of the floor before I sit on your ass."

x

The school year was flying by. Wonwoo stayed quiet in his classes and befriended a boy named Changbin, who was just as much of an introvert as Wonwoo was.

(shhh let changbin be emo in this)

"C'mon, Won," Changbin told Wonwoo in the locker room. Wonwoo was putting his gym uniform at a much slower rate than Changbin. "We have dodgeball."

"Yeah, I'm trying," Wonwoo groaned. His gaze drifted from his locker to Changbin's fingers, clear of any rings. "You still haven't told me what happened."

"With?"

"Your rings. Like, did you not gain any? If you don't want to say anything that's fine!"

Changbin sighed and put his shoes on. "I had one soulmate, like most people, y'know? But my uh, my Mother was hospitalized one day. So I visited her with my Dad. I was sent to a room of sorts, I don't remember the name, but there was a boy my age. Felix."

The bell rang and the boys sped up. The room was already empty but they hurried. "He was in the hospital for lung cancer. Same rings as me, so of course, soulmate. We talked for days, and eventually... I stopped seeing him. He never showed up."

They walked out of the locker room into the hallway and Changbin continued. "It was a week after I stopped seeing him and I was in the shower after taking my Mother back from the hospital. I went to step out, and both of the rings fell off. A clean slide. And had I not caught them before they hit the tile, the rings would've shattered."

"Holy... I'm sorry for your loss. Do you still have it?"

Changbin pulled a necklace out from under his shirt, where two rings hung. One was a white band with a few black diamonds on the top, and the other was a simple golden band, with a small bear hugging one of the sides. 

"The black one was Felix's, and the teddy bear one was mine. Before you ask, yeah, I tried putting them on. It's like they grew in size. They won't stay."

"Do you have his rings?"

"I, uh," Changbin sheepishly scratched his neck as he put the necklace under his shirt and got into his position on the gym floor. "No, I don't. But be prepared to lose, Wonwoo."

"Yeah, I definitely will."

7:56 pm

sorry for felix dying hjfijhrdejfh i was not planning this at all