Change of Plans

Alexis's POV

I wake up the next morning and start packing my things for the journey back. Last night, Woon-Hyuk woke me up when we arrived at the hotel. I thanked him for the ride and his advice. He told me to remember what he said and think things through, but I couldn't promise anything. I know that I'll overthink and get even more stressed. There's no way to know how they feel about the situation, but I doubt they'd want my baggage, so I left my thoughts at that. I immediately fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, exhausted from the whole situation. 

So when I first open my eyes and yesterday's events come to me, I work on getting back to America. After packing what little I brought, I search for a new flight.

It hurts, having to run away from my soulmates. But what hurts even more is the fact that I will never be able to be with them. The dreams I had of finding my soulmate and spending the rest of our lives together in perfect bliss will never happen. I won't have a life-changing bond with a beautiful stranger like I'd always hoped. I won't get to see his smile every day or go on dates. I'll never get married and see my mom in tears at my wedding or Elijah threaten them when he finds out. Never have kids.

Not with my soulmate at least. But I don't want to do that with the chance that my lover might find their soulmate one day and leave me behind.

I will always be alone.

So even though it tears me apart, I book a last-minute flight back to Florida. Somehow, I was able to find one that leaves in six hours.

I don't really need to hurry anywhere, but I want to. It's not like they are sending out search parties to hunt me down or anything. Even if they did want me, it would bring too much attention if word got out that they were scouring the streets for me.

No, my haste is for myself. If I stay any longer, I might just second-guess myself and end up at Bighit's doorstep for my chance to find the love I've always wanted, with a little twist.

I get a call while in my thoughts. I pick it up and see Do-Song's name flash on the screen.

I answer, but regret it as soon as his whining voices comes through. "Where are you? I've been waiting forever. The lady won't tell me your room number. And all I asked for was one muffin, but she says I have to be a guest. I'm hungry."

I pinch in between my eyebrows while listening. It's too early for this shit.

"Alexis?" He pauses before arguing again. "It says you are on the phone, I know you are there. Unless you butt dialed me. What am I speaking to, your as-"

"I'm here!" I interrupt him. "I'll be there in minute, just hold on." I grab my suitcase and do a quick sweep of the room to make sure I don't leave anything behind. Good thing I never got the chance to go shopping.

"Don't do anything, don't say anything, don't eat anything. I'm not having my bill go up because of you, so sit down somewhere." I hang up before he can answer back.

I grab the keys from the beautifully clean and untouched kitchen counter that I never got to use, looking at it in remorse. Such a neat kitchen, with plenty of space to cook in.  I really wish I could've used it.

Taking one last look, I leave and go down to the first floor. I exit out of the elevator and walk into the lobby. When I see Do-Song, part of me wants to ignore him and go straight to the breakfast just to spite him, but I only have a few hours until my flight, and I want to say a proper goodbye.

"About time! Come here, tell this woman we're friends." He motions to the lady I met a few days ago. Rolling my eyes, I walk to the desk with him following behind me. I take out my wallet and hand her my card. "I'm sorry about him, don't pay attention to it."

Do-Song looks at me offended, but then he sees the card. "You pay day-by-day? Why not just book the room for the whole stay, isn't that a bit much?" He gets confused when she takes it and starts typing something into the computer. I whisper to him that I'll explain later.

The lady scrunches her eyes when she reads the screen. "I see you've canceled the rest of your stay here, is there a problem? I'm sure we can fix it," she suggests.

I smile and shake my head, "No, it has nothing to do with the hotel. I loved it here, but something came up, so I have to go back to America." She sighs in relief. I may have never been a receptionist, but after working in fast food, I know the relief that comes with avoiding complaints. She probably thought I disliked the stay and was going to argue. 

I quickly reassure her that nothing was wrong. She nods her head, "I understand. I hope everything is alright." I thank her as she hands me back my card and a few promotional papers for the hotel. "Please come again."

I wave and walk out with Do-Song. When I turn my head back to him, I see him looking at my suitcase in concern. He meets my eye, "Is everything okay? Elijah didn't say anything was wrong."

I smirk, "So you were talking to Elijah last night?" 

His eyes widen for a second, but he simply shrugs it off, "Of course. I am your stalker after all. Gotta update the boss." I secretly make a reminder for myself to ask Eli what he did when I get home.

I walk to the cafe that he showed me before while Do-Song follows me blindly. "But seriously, is everything alright?" He asks, seriously concerned. 

I give him a weak smile, my reason for leaving looming over me. I feel a tingling at the back of my throat, but pay no mind to it and continue on. He doesn't push me, silently walking by my side. I can feel his gaze piercing into me the whole way.

Even when the bell above the cafe door jingles, and the dogs come to greet us, he says nothing.  I swear, he's so bipolar. One minute he won't shut up, and the next, he doesn't say a word. "Can you find us a seat? I'll get us some coffee." I ask him politely.

He nods and goes off around the corner, taking my suitcase with him. I get us our drinks, making sure to thank the cashier before going in his direction.

He sits at a table close to the wall, away from most of the seats and other customers. The perfect place for a private conversation. Knowing full and well that he won't let this go, I steel myself and walk into the trap.

~~~~~

Over 1000 reads! 🙊