Part 43: Saving Celia and Auradon

“Help me, Mal!” Celia cried.

“Yeah, save your little friend, Mal,” Audrey’s voice came.

“Help me, Mal!” Celia cried again.

Mal turned into a dragon, leaving me on the ground to watch.

“Careful not to fry your little V.K. buddy,” Audrey said.

“Whoa!” I heard Uma say, watching Mal try to light the ember on fire with her fire breath. “She doesn’t stand a chance without the ember.”

I ran over to Uma. “Please help her.”

“Come on,” Uma said, not taking her eyes off of Mal.

“We’re stronger together,” I said. “Please help, Uma.”

“We’re stronger together. I’m right here, Mal!” Uma yelled.

“Regaiin your might and ignite,” Uma and I said in unison.

“We’re right here, Mal!” I called out to her. “We’re right here!”

“Regain your might and ignite!” Uma and I said in unison again before the ember lit up.

Mal looked at Uma and I with a sort of smile on her dragon face.

“Yes!” Sophia cheered.

“You want a piece of this, huh?” Audrey asked, throwing a beam of magic towards Mal.

Mal used the ember to fight the beam that Audery sent out.

“Go, Mal! Celia cheered.

“Go, Mal!” Uma cheered.

“You got this!” Sophia cheered. “You can do it!”

I just stood there silently watching as everyone else cheered.

Finally, the ember won and as Audrey collapsed Mal flew to where Celia was before transforming back into her normal self.

“Is she okay?” I called out to Mal.

“Celia, it’s okay,” Mal said as she hugged the smaller girl. “She’s okay! But I need someone up here to get Audrey!”

After hearing those words, I ran up the stairs and through the building until I reached the roof.

“What happened to her?” I asked, a bit out of breath.

“I don’t know,” Mal said. “I just used the ember and she fell.”

“We need to get her back to her room so we can watch over her,” I said.

“And to make sure she’s alright,” Mal said. “But we need our dad here to help her.”

“Right, the ember won’t do everything for us that it will for him because we’re only half Hades,” I said.

“Do you think you can carry Audrey?” Mal asked.

“I might be able to,” I said, picking Audrey up. “I’ll only have to carry her for a short amount of time, right?”

“Yeah, just until someone sees us and offers to help,” Mal said.

“Sweet,” I said, picking up the unconscious Audrey.

I carried her down the stairs with Mal following behind and, when we reached the bottom, I found Gil waiting for us.

“Here, let me carry her,” he offered.

“Oh, thank you,” I said, handing Audrey to Gil.

Gil nodded before I spotted a familiar red coat out of the corner of my eye. We all continued walking until Harry walked up behind me and grabbed me, making me shriek.

“Hello there, Chloe,” Harry smiled. “Where did you run off to?”

“Funny story,” I said.

“Do tell,” Harry said.

I rolled my eyes before explaining everything that just happened with Audrey to Harry. When I finished, we were at the dorms and Harry looked shocked.

“Wait, so Mal turned into a dragon and fought Audrey?” Harry asked. “And then, when she wasn’t strong enough, you, Uma, and Mal relit Hades ember?”

“Yup,” I said, following everyone into the dorms.

“And, once the ember was lit, Mal used it to fight back and knocked Audrey unconscious?”

“Yeah,” I said.

“That sounds epic! Why weren’t the rest of us invited?” Harry asked.

“Oh, that’s the part I left out,” I said, smacking my forehead. “I knew I was forgetting something.”

“What? What did you forget?” Harry asked.

“The rest of you were turned to stone while everything was happening,” I said.

“What?!” Harry asked.