For The First Time

"I am not afraid anymore
Standing in the eye of the storm
Ready to face this, dying to taste this, sick sweet warmth
I am not afraid anymore
I want what you got in store
I'm ready to feed now, get in your seat now
And touch me like you never
And push me like you never
And touch me like you never
'Cause I am not afraid, I am not afraid anymore
No no no"

****

London,
14, December 2015

Noelle

He doesn't know I'm here, watching as he sings with One Direction for the last time, crying my eyes out with his mum as Gemma keeps handing us tissues and my dad chuckles every time he hears me or Anne blow our noses.

I told him I couldn't make it tonight. I told him I had to work and my boss couldn't give me a few days to come in London, and reality is, he really didn't. I had to move my free day to be here just for tonight.

I arrived a few hours ago at Heathrow, took a cab, went to the hotel I'm staying in to leave my duffle bag and shower quickly, and meet my and his family here. Tomorrow I have the flight to go back to New York. Anne and Gemma are my accomplices in this.

I'm exhausted, my back is killing me and I'm scared of his reaction when he'll finally see me, but I wouldn't have ever missed this night, I don't even know how he could believe I wouldn't be here tonight. Isn't it obvious I always find a way to be by his side? I'd move mountains for this man.

When the exhibition ends they hug each other on stage and the crowd booms in screams and hands clapping, everyone stand up, not a soul rests seated.

One direction is done, and I feel like my heart just broke a little. I know how Harry was emotional about this, in some ways he was happy because this means he can actually sign his contract as a solo artist but still, this is the end of an era. This is the end of what brought him to where he is right now and I know he still feels sad about it. He spent the last five years travelling around the world with these guys, they are his family, and now they are gonna go their own way.

It's heartbreaking.

"Nonó, dear, come. We are going backstage." Anne takes my hand, waking me up from my thoughts as I look at the boys walking off of the stage.

My nerves start to kick in and I have to take deep breathes as we walk down the paths, showing our passes to security as we step in the backstage area.

Everyone is here tonight, Louis' family, Liam's family, Niall's family's, no one is missing.

The first one that I see is Louis, he is turned in my direction and smiles as soon as he sees me, giving a pat on his dad's shoulder before walking to me, hugging me when he reaches me.

"Nonó, what are you doing here? Harry told me you couldn't make it," he says, taking me by my shoulders to look at me.

"How could I miss this? You guys were amazing." I reply, whipping under my eyes for the millionth time tonight. "How are you? How's Briana? The baby?"

They were in New York recording the Perfect music video when I found out Louis got a Californian girl pregnant and let's say I may or may not have lost my shit whit him for a few minutes, but then I apologized and we had a long talk. Now we're back to normal terms.