Swim~32

-
Sounding childish like a xylophone
-

"Chenle, what are you doing?! Jaemin, Renjun, and Haechan aren't in yet!" Jisung's voice squealed through the group's earpieces, but Chenle only rolled his eyes

"What's going on?" Jaemin articulated, his voice slightly higher in pitch.

"Chenle pulled a gun on the desk boy, so forget about timing- get in!"

"Fuck- we'll be there in a minute."

Chenle's dead eyes raked over the boy, who's face was contorted with fear as his eyebrows crashed together, breaths ragged and panicked, and eyes wide in terror.

The familiar weight of the gun rested casually in Chenle's palm, and the knurled grip of the gun wasn't a stranger to the gang leader- rather, it felt like home. The trigger of the gun bit into the pad of his index finger, and the eerie glint on the sliver muzzle urged the desk boy to take a step back, realizing that this ordeal was reality.

Rin's eyes were the size of plates, and her hands shook subtly as she remembered being on the other end of that gun, prompting her to take in a shaky breath. Trying to bring herself back into the moment, and not the past, she pursed her lips together as she took a brave step closer to Chenle, which he noticed, but he didn't take his eyes off of the boy.

Despite Chenle's low bucket hat that concealed part of his face, his dark eyes gleamed malevolently beneath their shadow in a almost sadistic way, and he tugged up his face mask as the gun in his hand steadily pointed forward.

Swallowing down her fears, her quivering eyes flickered towards Chenle, and she reached out an arm- quickly retracting it.

"D-Don't hurt him," She whimpered quietly, her voice uneven and shaky.

"I can't guarantee his safety," He murmured back, and the girl pressed her lips together in stress.

"Please, h-hes barely older t-than us. He h-has his whole life a-ahead of him," She continued, slowly gaining confidence in her words.

"I've killed younger," Chenle deadpanned, as if it was nothing.

Rin froze at his words, and a chill seemed to engulf her body as his words echoed in her ears, undeniable fear sinking into her brain.

How many has he murdered?

Shaking away her thoughts, Rin sucked in a wary breath as she stabled herself on her feet, fixing her eyes on Chenle.

"H-he hasn't done anything wrong, p-please," She whispered, and he sighed languidly.

"Aren't you just an angel today?" He teased, his voided eyes piercing into the man, "Open the door, desk boy."

The man breathed out a hash sigh, nodding vigorously as he turned to the side, fingers clasping around the doorknob.

"Alright, Angel, I would recommend staying back," He quipped, and although she was nervous, she did as she was told.

"Chenle don't be so hasty- they're almost in, but the back of the building is decently far from where you are. You should probably wait for the others- a few members of ATEEZ is back there for Pete's sake!"

"Are you able to see how many?" Chenle murmured in a low tone, almost inaudible.

"Two, there are two," Jisung continued, and Chenle nodded, "But you should still wait-"

"Go on then, open it," Chenle urged the boy, and, gulping awkwardly, the receptionist turned the knob.

For a moment, everything was silent. A soft rustling could've been heard from within the room, then the sound of a chair scraping backwards.

"Didn't I tell you not to come in here?!" A rough, raspy voice screeched from within.

The boy flinched, and he shot Chenle an anxious glance, watching with wide eyes as he lifted a finger to his lips- urging the receptionist to remain quiet.

"I-I'm sorry b-but...."

"Spit it out," The voice commanded drearily, causing the boys eyes to flicker around endlessly.

"S-s-someones here to see you?" He mumbled, his voice shaking subtly.

A quiet pause drifted between the two, and Rin didn't even dare to breathe- paralyzed in her boots.

"Oh," The voice gruffly uttered, and the sound of a cocking gun echoed throughout the building.