Chapter 22: He's not the same

"Your highness! There's no need to do that! I-I!" Caroline bashfully snatch her hand back and grip it tightly.

"You're my fiancee and a lady. As a man, I should kiss a lady's hand, moreover, you are my fiancee." Oscar smiled gently.

"Why did he have to repeat 'my fiancee' 2 times...?" Caroline laughed awkwardly and look away.

Oscar properly stood up and face with a tall figure of Reymour. Reymour immediately understood he was the prince, so he bowed his head and greet him.

"Greeting to the future sun of the empire, this one is called, Reymour Sire. I am the duke's nephew and the cousin of Caroline."

"I see. You seem to be so close to Caroline earlier, you must have known each other for a long time now."

"...."

"We just get close this morning though..." Reymour shut his mouth tightly, but how did he know...? Unless he was watching from afar earlier.

Reymour felt like he and the prince definitely won't get along well. The prince was looking at him like he was his enemy.

"W-well, why don't you join us in tea time? I-I will tell Silvana to prepare your favourite tea..."

Caroline quickly escape once she saw Oscar was distracted by Reymour, leaving both of them alone, creating a heavy tension in the air. But, the tension mostly came from Oscar more.

"How long have you and Caroline been knowing each others?"

Once Caroline was out of the scene, Oscar's gentle facade turned into a deep scowl. Reymour silently cursed his cousin for leaving him alone with the scary prince.

"U-uh, we met each others around week ago...?? Although, we just formally introduced each other today." Reymour answers nervously, trying his best to get away from Oscar.

"Hmm? You just met each other week ago but you already played with her as if you both are friends forever."

"W-we found alot in common with each others..."

"I knew it!!! This guy was definitely watching us earlier!!!"

Reymour cried mentally and step back 3 metres away from him.

Meanwhile, inside the mansion was a running Caroline, making her way to the kitchen.

~

Uwahhhh, I can't believe this!! Is that the same Oscar I knew years ago?! That definitely wasn't Oscar!! H-he's too tall now!

I can't look at my own face but I know I was blushing crazily. I-I forgot the fact that he was Otome game's love interest, of course he would be hot.

If Oscar was changing this much, then what about others?! Atlas, Lisa's bodyguard and...Thanatos!

It will be hard once I get to see Atlas again. Haha, otome boys are really tempting. No wonder why girls fall for them, including my very own self.

I open the kitchen's door and there was Silvana, peeling potato's skin. W-why do we have potato soup again tonight...?!! I thought we was just having it this morning!

"Silvana!! Are we going to eat potato's soup for lunch!!!?"

"Uhhh...no. I was just feeling useless, so I decided to peel off their skin just in case if someone wants snack."

"Seriously? Potatoes as a snack-.....?"

I stopped speaking any further as French Fries's picture flashes through my brain instantly.

We already have vegetables oil...sunflower oil...and soybean oil in this era. So deep fried food is possible although the population of deep fried is not that famous.

"Silvana!! Let me handle those potatoes!! Give me the clean and peeled potatoes! I will let you taste the most delicious food ever."

Haha...but wait...to make French fries, we need many steps to just to make those.

Whatever, I don't give shit. Lemme send tea and cakes to those gentlemen and quickly return.

I personally brewed the tea and take them to outside myself. I will let Silvana watches over those potatoes.

Silvana, I trust you!

"My apologies, your highness. I must have make you wait for a long time now."

"No, sir Reymour entertained me the whole time."

"Is that so...?" I hand the tea cup to the prince while staring at the soulless Reymour.

Just what the hell did they do?! I ain't convinced by Oscar's word at ALL.

"Come to think of it, would you like to accompany me to the palace? I still haven't meet Atlas yet."

I nearly spit out my tea upon hearing his proposal. He still haven't met his brother's face even after he released from the tower?!

Did he escape or something...?

"I don't mind. I missed Atlas alot!"

"Oh? You miss Atlas but you never said you miss me...?" Oscar said with a sad tone.

"I-I was too embarrassed!"

Just what's wrong with Oscar now?!!

"W-wait!!! I-I will go too!" The once soulless Reymour returned and grabs my hand.

"!"

In that moment, everything was too fast that I couldn't even catch up. Reymour's hand was slapped away by Oscar in that moment and I saw Oscar's expression much clearer than a pure water.

He was scowling, he was clearly annoyed.

"Uhh...let's not fight and play patty cake instead..."

~

The atmosphere inside the carriage was heavy. I kept looking outside, trying not to meet anyone's gaze.

Earlier, after Oscar slapped Reymour's hand away, he pulled me to somewhere else just the two of us and shook me to death.

"You Gotta believe me!!! Caroline, that prince is not same prince you befriend 11 years ago!! He went nuts! I was with him the whole time when you escaped to the kitchen! That guy is no different from his uncle and father!! That guy, no!! The whole Alicasion bloodline are a total nut!!"

What Reymour told me still was going inside my mind. True, Oscar now doesn't have his natural cool and gentle air around him. It was like he was faking his smile and his gentleness.

But what still left me in more doubt was, how did Reymour know about the crazy personality of the emperor and Thanatos?

Does he have some secret?

K: I don't have the confidence to post without my editors anymore now. I just remembered all of the mistakes I make in the unedited chapters.

Edit by PotatoeWolfie 

Two chapters for not be able to update yesterday, hehe. Sorry...