Chapter 23: Atlas

The carriage suddenly stopped and I realized we've arrived at the palace. I quickly alighted without any problems while Reymour gave me a weird look. He raised his eyebrow and whisper to me.

"Psst, I thought you were going to let that prince help you get down..."

"What do you mean?"

"You know...the thing girls want boys to do to them when they ride carriage together then boys get off first then led out their hands to help girls..."

True, but I already got off now unless Reymour used magic to put me back inside the carriage then let Oscar charmingly help me.

Because of the silent, I grew a little awkward so I decided to put on a smile and ask Oscar.

"Your highness, are you happy to see prince Atlas again? You both have been separated from each others for 3 Years now."

"Yes, we may haven't each other but we always sent letters to each others during the time I was inside the tower."

Ahh, they sent letters? I get the same feelings when father and I usually send letters to each others when I was staying in Bright.

"Did you practice your swordsmanship? You always used to duel with Atlas when we were younger."

"Ahh...I rarely practice but I'm confidence about my skills!" I raised my fist and give him a confident look earning a chuckle from Oscar.

We head to the sword arena where knights usually practiced their skills here. There I saw knights practising. The sound of swords clashing made me remember that time when father took me to the training ground behind our mansion.

The knights were really friendly but they were so strict and absolute with their training. I stood from afar and the tall figure of a man shouting across the field made me realised how time change everything that I was familiar with.

Even though we haven't seen each others for years, I could still recognize him from afar.

Atlas Alicasion, the bratty and shortie shrimp prince has disappeared. He was tall and masculine, his hair had grown long. He still have his usual angry face, like scowled face.

He has a huge sword on his waist also known as Excalibur of Execution which I often called it EOE because of how long the name was. The sword he obtained by challenging against a skilled assassin who kidnapped the heroine.

I was overwhelmed with emotion. Excitement and sadness flow inside me because I realized we can no longer act childish and play around.

Time is cruel, huh....

I shouted loudly and wave my hand to catch Atlas's attention.

"Your highness!!! Prince Atlas!!! Hey!!!!"

~

While Atlas was commanding to train, the soft yet energetic voice of a girl caught his attention. He thought it belonged to the girl he saved last year but the voice was different and the appearance was way too different.

Her long, wavy blonde hair reached past her waist and her lively green eyes reflected the sunlight gave him the image of....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A wicked witch who defeated him in Rock-Paper-Scissor. She gave him the evil smile as if she knew what's going to be his next move.

He ran towards with heart filled with emotions making her step back with a confused smile.

"Hah...Caroline Georgiana..."

Once he gets close to her, the soft fragrance came out from her made him frowned a bit.

He then whack her head with his hand softly earning a sound from her.

Whack!

"Hahhahahaha!!!! Look! Look who is the shrimp now!!! I am way TALLER than you!"

Atlas fell on his knees, dropping his strict and scary facade. He laughed loudly and pointed his index finger at Caroline.

Caroline rubs her head and proceed to kick him in his ball.

"Your highness, that was really nice of you to whack a lady."

Atlas stopped laughing and groaned in pain. Karma is real...

"You shrimp..."

"You 180cm..."

"I am 187cm!!! Are you blind?!!" Atlas regained his loud self and argue.

"Do I look like an object to measure your height?!!"

"And what are you guys...? Dogs? And what are we? An object to convert Oxygen into Carbon Dioxide?"

Reymour and the rest of the knights stared at them weirdly.

Edited by PotatoeWolfie