Chapter 9

"Are you ready?" Kian asks, standing right next to me. The two of us stand looking down at the even slope ahead of us, the snow beautifully smooth with only a few tracks in it.

"No," I squeak. My voice is unnaturally high pitched. I might be a little scared.

"It's okay, Madison," Kian promises. "You'll have fun! Now let's go!"

Without another word, Kian pushes off from where he stands and starts to ski gracefully downhill. I watch as he leans down so that his center of gravity is together, and I try to muster up to courage to follow suit.

I take a deep breath and I push off with my ski poles.

Immediately my skis move against the snow and the wind that blows across my face is biting. I feel a little uneasy and a little off-balance and this begins to scare me, so I try to center my balance and lean forward.

All at once, everything comes together and I find myself enjoying the fast speed that I am skiing down the slope. The cold doesn't seem to bother me as the harsh air whips across my skin.

I let out a laugh at how exhilarating this experience is. I look around me and take in the surroundings that fly past me as I near the end of the slope.

When I reach the bottom, Kian is already stationary, smiling at me. I slow down as I approach him due to the leveled ground and by the time I reach him, my skis are moving slow enough on the snow that I jab my poles into the snow to bring myself to a full stop.

I just stand there for a few seconds catching my breath as I grin wildly at Kian.

"That was amazing!" I gush, moving closer to Kian and wrapping my arm around his.

"You liked it?" He asks me, looking down at me with a grin that is equally as happy as mine.

"Yes!" I breathe out, my breaths still a little bit ragged. I turn to look at the people coming down the slope after me and I smile as I watch them. One guy screams out a, "Whoo!"

"Ready for the next one?" Kian asks me, pointing towards the slope down a bit to our left. His ski pole dangles from his hand.

I nod excitedly as we both push with our ski poles to get to the next lift.

*****

"Food!" I basically scream. Kian is close behind me but I don't care about how loud I am. I drop my purse in a chair in the dining room of our cabin before taking the grocery bags that were in my other hand to the counter. I start to empty them, placing things in cabinets and the refrigerator.

Kian follows and does the same thing as me. When we finish I start searching other cabinets for cookware so that I can start to cook supper. I bend over and open a lower cabinet, spotting a pan. I reach for it and when I do, I feel Kian press up against my backside.

I let out a surprise yelp, jerking upright. In the motion of moving up, I bang my head against the underside of the counter.

"Oh shit," I say, my hand flying back to touch the area that hurts.

"Oh my god I'm sorry, Maddie," Kian says, a little giggle following it.

"You dick! Stop laughing!" I say, turning around and smacking his arm, a bit of laughter spilling from my lips too. He has a smile on his face and it falters a little bit.

"Let me see. Are you okay?" Kian asks, now completely serious. He pulls me closer to him so that he can inspect my head.

With one hand on the top of my head, he turns me slightly and lifts my hair so that he can look at the area where I hit my head.

"Right here?" He asks, gently touching the sore area on my skull.

I wince, sucking air in through my teeth. "Yeah."

"Well no blood, so I think it'll be okay," he tells me, using one hand to wrap around my waist and pull me closer to him. Kian gently places a kiss on my injured head. He releases my hair and turns me around to face him.

I lean up and place a kiss on the corner of his mouth. "What do you want to eat for supper?"

"You," he replies nonchalantly. He doesn't let me pull away when I try, instead closing the remaining space between us and placing a fierce kiss on my lips.

I pull away from his enticing mouth eventually, giggling.

"Real food, dork," I scold, turning away from him to retrieve the pan I was after.

"Surprise me," he replies, smacking my butt before walking out of the kitchen.

I roll my eyes before pulling out a few ingredients for a quick spaghetti recipe. As I prepare the meat for the sauce, I turn the oven on so that I can make a bean dip for a snack for Kian and I over the next four days of our trip.

After about twenty minutes, all of the food is done and Kian wanders into the kitchen.

"Smells perfect, babe," he compliments. Kian sits at a chair at the bar and placing his phone down on the counter.

"Thank you." I grin at him. I reach up into a top counter to grab for plates and glasses for us. I set them down on the dining table before going to get silverware.

Kian and I eat our food and after we finish, it's only nine at night.

"I'm gonna call dad really quick and then I'll be right up there," I inform Kian, pulling my cell phone out if my bag.

"Okay," Kian says with a nod as he places a lingering kiss on my cheek.

By the time I get off of the phone with my dad and Audrey, I make the way to the bedroom, excited for what not only awaits me there, but also tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you guys for reading!

Sorry it took so long!

Excitement coming soon, I promise!

And now a more serious topic...

As you guys know by now, O2L will no longer be posting videos on that channel.

This both saddens me and excites me.

Those six boys were my everything. They taught me not to be afraid of who I really am and to let the world know it. And I embraced that.

If I could say one thing to them, I would tell them just how thankful I am for them. These past two and a half years were amazing with them, and I can't wait to see what these next few years will bring for them.

Not only did they bring a smile to my face with their videos, they are also the reason I am here today. Without them, I would never be writing this right now.

That leads to another very important thank you I need to give.

You guys have been here with me for so long. I started writing the story of us in 2013, and here we are in the third book, almost 2015.

You have stuck with me for goodness know what reason, and for whatever reason, I am incredibly thankful.

Not only is O2L the reason I'm here today, but also every single one of you. If it weren't for every single vote and comment I've received over the past two years, I wouldn't have continued. You guys drive me to be my best at what I love, so thank you.

Sorry I'm getting really emotional right now because I just want you all to know how truly I love each and every single one of you and how thankful for everything you've done.

I'll be updating again soon!

<text 81010 with the message "@rightn" for texts when i update>
xox -Delilah