Chapter 11

Kai's POV

It's already been six weeks since I did all of that stuff with Lucas. We haven't talked since.

Honestly, I can't really decide if it upsets me or not. Sure, he took my virginity and made me realize I liked guys, but we really don't know anything about each other, like at all. Plus, it's not easy to go from hating each other to being friends in just a couple of days.

Jack was constantly giving me subtle nudges and would tease me whenever Lucas passed in the halls.

Then there was Zay who acted like everything was normal. Of course, I'm not sure if he's pretending, oblivious, or just doesn't care. Either way, I'm grateful that he isn't asking questions.

Zay sprinted out of Jack's car the second his we pulled into the parking lot, running into our school. He had this big assignment due for his English class that he forgot to do and needed to copy before class started.

As Jack and I got out of his car, Jack spotted Lucas sitting in his navy blue Chevrolet Camaro, "So..." He started, "What's the story?"

I looked at Jack, confusion written on my face.

Jack sighed, "I mean, has anything else happened with you two? Things have been awfully quiet lately."

"I guess things are fine. We haven't talked a lot lately. He barely even showed up to school this month." I tried to act nonchalantly, but my feelings toward him were so confusing. I couldn't tell if I was upset that I didn't get to see him or happy that I didn't have to see him.

I'm not saying I'm looking for a relationship, I'm not ready nor in the right mindset for that. It's more of an I'm curious about what he thinks and what hell wants.

Am I simply another fuck?

Is he playing with me?

Or was there something else. Something, I don't know... more?

"Yeah, I get that," Jack responded.

A sudden shock of realization absorbed Jack's face, "Wait, dude!" He clasped my shoulder and we stopped moving. "It's Friday!"

"Yeah... It's Friday, and?"

Jack sighed and looked down, his hand still on my shoulder, the blond looked into my eyes, "Kai, it's Friday. Lucas wasn't hasnt been here on a Friday for weeks, but now he is. You know what that means? People are gonna expect to see a fight."

"Huh. I didn't think about that." I didn't really have a reason to fight Lucas anymore.

"I don't really care what people think, it's not the end of the world if some random teenagers with nothing to do don't get to watch two guys beat each other up," I said shrugging my shoulders, shaking off Jack's hand.

"I think it could be fun."

The voice caused both Jack and I to whip our heads around. But I knew right away who it belonged to.

Lucas was walking up behind us, causing me to realize we were standing right next to his car.

He looked at Jack and raised his eyebrows, hinting that he should leave the two of us to talk.

"Okay, I guess I'll see you later, Kai," Jack told me as he hesitantly left Lucas and me alone.

"Sure man, see you," I waved at him. Once Jack was gone I turned to face Lucas.

We were still in the parking lot and I knew people could see us, but it didn't really feel like that mattered anymore.

"So tell me why you think beating each other up at school would be fun?" I cocked an eyebrow at Lucas.