CHAPTER THREE: THE POLLYWOG

River rushed to her locker the next day, she hadn't seen the boys when she pulled up to school, but she didn't really care. She just wanted to see if Will was okay.

"Hey-"

She turned to see, Andy, again, though this time he was confidently walking up, unlike the first time he approached her, he grew comfortable quickly.

"Hi." She muttered, fixing her sweater before looking around, shutting her locker gently and turning, she didn't want to seem rude, though she did. She was just worried, and she wanted to get to see Will as fast as she could.

"Is Will alright?" Andy continued, as River nodded slowly, though shrugging quickly after.

"I actually don't know I haven't seen him since. I'm sure he's in Clarkes right now though. If we could- go." She gestured for the both of them to walk now, and Andy quickly caught on, walking forward, taking the books from her hands, and holding them in his own.

Andy straightened his posture. He slightly towered over River as they walked side by side, entering the classroom.

He had slid the books onto her desk, earning a small thank you from her as he sent the rest of the boys smiles, nodding at Will who nodded back, slightly confused.

"Alright, I will see you later." He spoke softly to River who nodded in response.

And with that, River plopped down in her seat, dropping her backpack beside her, zipping it open to grab her book out, setting it down on the desk before she looked up, to see all of the three boys that were present, stare at her in disbelief.

"What?" She whispered in a harsh tone, furrowing her eyebrows as Mike shook his head.

"What?" He mocked, "What's with you and Andy?"

"Are you leaving us, River." Lucas asked, a hint of disappointment within jealousy in his voice.

"Yea are you?" Will leaned forward, meeting her eyes and frowning slightly as Mike rolled his eyes, though looked to her for an answer as well.

"What? No! Never, ever. No I'm not. He just walked me over here." She shrugged, watching all boys eyes on her, before turning to Will quickly, clearing her throat.

"Are you feeling better, Will?" her tone softened and he nodded slowly, and Unsurely. 

"Yea." He simply said that and she smiled, turning back around in response.

Dustin had walked into class super late and he apologized to Mr Clarke. Slamming down into his seat, he turned to the party and started to whisper.

"We need to meet all of us. At lunch, The AV Club." Dustin pointed to all of them as River furrowed her eyebrows, like the others.

"Why?" Mike had questioned, as River watched Dustin who gestured for them to speak quietly various times, as if they weren't doing exactly that already.

"I have something you won't believe.."

˗ˏˋ✦ ✦ ✦'ˎ˗

"His name is D'Artagnan." Dustin stated simply, shortly after opening his proton pack from last night.

"Cute right?" Dustin smiled, now grabbing him and holding him up in his hands, as everyone leaned forward, observing the small creature.